Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening Ideas?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Has anyone any recommendations/ideas for where to have a Christening do for about 20 or so people (and a few kids) in the Greystones area? Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Lin03

We booked a small function room in the Glenview Hotel. They do finger food or a buffet and cater for children. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

We had a family christening a few weeks ago in Hunters Hotel in Rathnew, I had heard about it from a friend who really enjoyed it too for a christening. They have a gorgeous little private room with long table that seats about 20-25, it was fabulous. When we arrived, they had the fire lighting for us and we had a really good home cooked Sunday lunch with good bit of choice - was their Sunday lunch menu - v traditional... we felt like we were at home and left at 7.30pm!!! I would highly reccommend! Especially if you like old fashioned country houses. They only charged €60 for rental of the private room and Sunday lunch menu was about €30, I think ....(€33 maybe?). Otherwise, Druids Glen Golf Club was where we were thinking of until I was reccommended.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Your choices in Greystones are probably limited. Restaurants like the Hungry Monk & 3Q’s probably wouldn’t be too accommodating. The Beach House is closed for renovations, the Burnaby is a no-no. Possibly the Woodlands? Shakra maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jabba90

diva's above the beach house . €30 for four course meal on saturady / sunday afternoon. was great food / great place . we had ours there went very well everyone enjoyed. www.divarestaurant.ie

Advertisement