Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that sell ground coffee

Options
  • 28-01-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am new to Dublin and have been having some trouble sourcing coffee grounds to my requirements. i generally make lattes using an aeropress and the grounds i have purchased from tesco etc have generally been either to coarse or too fine for the aeropress. i have heard good things about java republic coffee beans but dont see myself be able to afford a decent grinder within the next few months. Therefore, i would appreciate it if you guys could enlighten me as too where i could get fresh ground coffee (ie where beans can be ground in store to my requirements)? i am working near st stephens green and staying at sandyford industrial estate. thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

I get my coffee in Bewleys in the Blackrock Shopping Center. The usually offer to grind the beans for me. I would assume bewleys on grafton street do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Welcome to Dublin and the Coffee section of Boards.ie.

Based on your location near Grafton St, try M&D in George's St Arcade or
    Ristretto for an on-line order. When ordering explain you need an espresso
    fine grind. Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer St is another option but as I've
    only bought beans there in the past I can't vouch for their grind. Most of
    the pre-ground coffee in supermarkets tend to be too coarse for espresso
    machines - I think they use 'espresso' to indicate strength/roast as opposed
    to grind.

There are two "Sticky" posts at the top of this forum with lists of both
    physical and internet coffee shops. You'll find further details

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭annetcl

Thanks for the replies guys. appreciate it. will give bewleys on grafton a try first since its nearest to my office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I got some nice stuff at Starbucks.

You should have posted that here
    ;)

Even McDs are beating Starbucks when it comes to coffee.

Advertisement