Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair charges?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I had a few quid on chels to win at the weekend however i have been charged on my winnings and i dont know why, it says...

Comm Charged 5.36% On Net winnings of GBP1.12

Any ideas what this is, it happened to another of my bets as well.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

TomPich wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I had a few quid on chels to win at the weekend however i have been charged on my winnings and i dont know why, it says...

Comm Charged 5.36% On Net winnings of GBP1.12

Any ideas what this is, it happened to another of my bets as well.

Regards

Commission is how Betfair makes their money, they charge between 2% and 6% (depending on your bet volume and other factors) on all winning bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

When in the betting screen on Betfair click on 'more options' (just under the matched total and refresh button) then select "display P+L net of commission" and it will show you how much you will actually get back for your bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

I was just about to ask the same thing as the OP. I was of the opinion that Betfairs top commission on net winnings was 5% but was similarly charged 5.33% on my €3.40 profit from yesterdays Sheffield Utd FA Cup game. It even says in the "Rules" tab on the right hand side of the screen that the "Market base rate is 5% minus your discount". I know my winnings make the amount of commission paid rather insignificant - 18 cents@5.33% compared to 17 cents@5%, it's just a case of wanting to know why the differing rate as opposed to the advertised one. Incidently I was only charged 4.76% commission on my under/over 3.5 goals winnings on the same game. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

If you're using small stakes, it can be rounded up (or down) depending on the sums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ealach

They also charge 1.5% on deposits from mastercard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement