Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polo Fox??

Options
  • 28-01-2008 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hey,

just wanted to get your advice on a neew car... dont need anything big...have a yaris and was thinking of buying a polo fox??

What are they like to run etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

A Polo Fox?

Do you mean a Polo or a Fox?

They are different cars....no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jaash

jesus!! sorry I meant a vw fox!! DUH!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The fox isn't particularly well built, nowhere as good as the Polo.
    that said the Toyota Aygo isn't exactly plush either, but it has back doors and is bound to be more reliable.
    What year is your current Yaris? Do you have to get a 08 reg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The Fox is built in Brazil as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

There used to be a Polo Fox - in the '80's I think

• Advertisement

to be honest its just too expensive to stay in toyota and quite hard on petrol so am thinkign maybe a fox or micra?? No i dont have to get an 08 reg 07 would do fine

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

colm_mcm wrote: »
    that said the Toyota Aygo ?

No mention for the 107 and C1?:D

Stekelly wrote: »
    No mention for the 107 and C1?:D
    Don't see the point, they're not cheap enough to justify having French residual values. Even though the Toyota is built in the same factory, it has a longer warranty and outsells both the C1 and the 107.

i wouldnt touch a peugot or citreon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

jaash wrote: »
    to be honest its just too expensive to stay in toyota and quite hard on petrol so am thinkign maybe a fox or micra?? No i dont have to get an 08 reg 07 would do fine
    In what way are Toyota's expensive? I would have thought with their popularity in Ireland, the amount of dealers and their reliability they'd be quite cheap to run. That's my family's experience anyway.

Regarding petrol, I got 680km from 39L of petrol last time out on my Aygo. One trip from Dublin to Armagh and back, the rest around Dublin. Can't really complain. The family's old 98 Corolla is fantastic on fuel too, can't imagine the Yaris being too different - having said that I've never driven one but it seems strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Even one thats the exact same car as the Aygo just with different badges?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Don't touch the Toyota then either, the Citreoen C1, Aygo and Peugeot 107 are exactly the same car. How can a Yaris be "hard on petrol", it's average fuel consumption is over 52 miles to a gallon:confused:?

If its hard on petrol there must be something wrong with it then.

I get about 450 k/m for a full tank of petrol if Im lucky...So another car has to be better plus Ive had a few problems with my own...

there's something wrong with your car so, maybe get it looked at. do you get it serviced?
    Very unusual for Yariss to give trouble or be hard on fuel. have the problems been engine related?

not really engine trouble...I have had the car out to them numerous times and was told the last time "I should learn my lesson not to buy a 2nd hand toyota from anyone only them"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

not really engine trouble...I have had the car out to them numerous times and was told the last time "I should learn my lesson not to buy a 2nd hand toyota from anyone only them"

Comments like that should be a clear signal to you not to use that place of business ever again for anything.

Time to try another garage. Toyotas are usually very reliable, the last thing you need is that sort of attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you really want something small and economical then it is hard to pass up the Fiat Panda 1.3 Multi-jet diesel. A much better car than the Fox.

Though as suggested by other posters, I would go and see if you can get your current car looked at by another garage first.

Agreed on the Panda. The new diesel 500 and the current Yaris would be worth a look, depending on post July pricing

Advertisement