Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skis/Snowboards with Ryanair

• 28-01-2008 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Just wondering about the charge Ryanair levy for sports equipment. Is this charge regardless of weight. In my case I have a huge snowboard bag that I can throw all my other gear into as well (negates need for a 2nd bag, and protects board). All in all, board, boots and other gear will come to circa 20kg in this bag.

Anyone know what Ryanair`s attitude to that`ll be?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Shayk1 loaded boards boots and bindings, jacket and pants and all into the board bag and got charged nothing extra. €50 return as we didn't pre-book. €45 or that I think normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

grumps wrote: »
    Just wondering about the charge Ryanair levy for sports equipment. Is this charge regardless of weight. In my case I have a huge snowboard bag that I can throw all my other gear into as well (negates need for a 2nd bag, and protects board). All in all, board, boots and other gear will come to circa 20kg in this bag.

Anyone know what Ryanair`s attitude to that`ll be?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sports equipment is about €30 each way i think if you book in advance. i would imagine the fact that other items are in it wouldn't come into effect so you would save the €18 or whatever baggage fee. Plus the standard baggage weight is max 15kg, if that was a standard bag it would probably cost you another €50 in excess weight. I think you may have found a loophole here, i don't know if there is any limit on sports equipment (which i presume means oversized baggage of some description.. Let us know how you get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

yep, as Don1 said... I've done this.

Board into bag, my g/f's jacket and pants at one end, mine in between the 2 bindings and the boots at the other end.

Its not weighed and it just goes through as oversized baggage. the only thing Don1 got wrong is that it costs €60 return if its not pre booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

I usually fly Ryanair on snowboard hols, and have never taken a second bag (other than a carry-on day pack). My board bag is always bulging at the seams, but it's cheaper and less hassle than lugging two bags around...

Advertisement