Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N95 and wifi at home

• 28-01-2008 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi, for some reason my wifi router Linksys WRT54GS does not want to cooperate with my Nokia N95 8GB. On various forums I read that some routers simply don't like N95 (for some reason). I was trying already all possible settings and none of them work.

Therefore I'm thinking of getting a new router, but I need to be 100% sure that it will work with my N95.

I need an advice from you guys. Who uses N95 with wifi router at home without any issues? I need make and exact model :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

It should work perfectly well with any modem, try change the security mode to just WEP or WPA-PSK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

I've used one with a WRT54G and initially it didn't work either, but I found that if I configured the phone with a static IP address (instead of using DHCP), it works fine. I've not had this problem with D-link or Netgear access points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

netgear dg834g with wpa-psk

also used it on various hotspots & alternative ;) wireless connections (unknown routers / APs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Thanks for your answers! :) I can access a random AP on my way home so it is not the phone configuration. I have just checked on the router, I can't choose WPA-PSK, only WPA-AES or WPA-TKIP. It doesn't work with both settings. Each time I get error message "Web: no gateway response". But if I disable security on the router completely, the browser still doesn't display any pages but the error message doesn't pop up. Wired... :confused:

Advertisement