Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tired all the time

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

The mocks have started me on the coffee as well! Try getting your iron checked if your still tired after the above suggestion. Mine was really low and now i'm on iron tablets, which has helped

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

Also, something I found works wonders for me is maintaining a consistent sleeping pattern throughout the week. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time on weekends as you do during the week and you'll feel a lot better. I know it's hard to not have a lie-in when you're off school, but it's worth it.

Awesome link: http://homeworktips.about.com/od/timemanagement/a/sleeptime.htm

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Polarity wrote: »
    Also, something I found works wonders for me is maintaining a consistent sleeping pattern throughout the week. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time on weekends as you do during the week and you'll feel a lot better. I know it's hard to not have a lie-in when you're off school, but it's worth it.

Awesome link: http://homeworktips.about.com/od/timemanagement/a/sleeptime.htm

You're dead right.
    Try not to get hammered Friday or Saturday or both as you seriously won't be right till Wednesday. You'll be like a zombie and nothing will go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i drink half a bottle of pepsi max at lunch and the rest before i study.

also if you feel tired while studying do something to wake yourself up.
    (i grab my ipod, listen to a dragonforce.........bit of air guitar)

..what about one of those ab builders?
    the ones that shock you?

might not give you a six pack but should keep you awake while studying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Harry_Potter_Co

its your diet no doubt. i have the same problem, just not a great eater though:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

Bottles of boost!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 eimrd

take a nap when you get home from school... but make sure you dont sleep on untill the next morning, set an alarm or sumtin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

eimrd wrote: »
    take a nap when you get home from school... but make sure you dont sleep on untill the next morning, set an alarm or sumtin :)

I wouldn't advise getting into the habit of taking a nap when you get home from school... I did it all through 5th year, it just results in staying up until like 2am every night, being even more tired the following day, and you just get into a vicious circle.

Well, that's what I found anyway, and I was definitely not any more energetic than I would have been otherwise.

Early nights and making sure you're eating right is probably your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Bottles of boost!!

boost isnt even nice though
    and its expensive
    if your near a tesco (like i am) kick energy drink is the way foward and theres only a slight chance you'll get diabetes from it
    buy the litre bottle of it for like 96c (diet kick btw)

AND ITS GOT MORE VITAMIN B12 THAN YOU CAN COMPREHEND :) 29 DAYS WORTH OR SOMETHING!!! (shame your body cant store it)

Advertisement