Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripped off online

Options
  • 28-01-2008 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I'll give you the short story. Bought a pair of Mike runners online, arrived and they are fake. Called AIB cresit card services and they said to use the paypal dispute process. Paypal said they cannot issue a refund as they only issue refunds for shipping related problems. AIB now say there is nothing they can do as I received an item, even though it is not as described and is fake, and they will not do a chargeback. Is this really all I can do? Does this not count as fraud?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It does. Did you get them on ebay? You should try to ebay disputes process. Selling a pair of fakes is definitely worthy of a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

When your listing things on ebay you have to click a box that clearly asks if the items are genuine so surely you should have some comeback with ebay if you did buy them there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

I presume you mean Nike ;)

No wonder they turned up fake!

Mike!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It would be good to know where you bought and how much you paid. If you paid a silly price, well then it might have been expected that they would be fake. If its market value, well then Id be peeved.

Did you contact the seller? Where are they based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

FX Meister wrote: »
    Paypal said they cannot issue a refund as they only issue refunds for shipping related problems.

Well that's simply not true. Did you start a dispute/claim or just contact Paypal. Go down the dispute route if you didn't already. If the seller is selling counterfeits then consider reporting their details to Nike. I know that Sony definitely follow up on reports of counterfeit products being sold online, and I'm sure Nike do yo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Woops, yes they are Nike, not Mike. Got them from this site, http://www.retrojordan5s.com/mens-jordan-5-white-fire-red-black.html?buy-retro-air-jordans.

Cost me €87. Bit below the proper value but not chump change.
    Paypal's response was, ” We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received.”

Advertisement