Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CashforCars.ie

Options
  • 28-01-2008 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Has anyone ever dealt with this crowd? They're based in Finglas apparently. I'm looking to get rid of my car asap and haven't had any luck on cbg.ie, autotrader etc. in the last two months and was thinking of giving them a try. Thinking of headin down during the week but just thought i'd check if anyone here's sold to them? Do they offer well below a private sale price? do they seem a bit shifty etc.?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you've had your car advertised for two months without success then either you're asking too much or your ad is bad. Fix the problem and you will get more for your car privately. Cashforcars will offer you buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they're car auctioneers. they'll give you feck all for your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Good_Crow

Has anyone ever dealt with this crowd? They're based in Finglas apparently. I'm looking to get rid of my car asap and haven't had any luck on cbg.ie, autotrader etc. in the last two months and was thinking of giving them a try. Thinking of headin down during the week but just thought i'd check if anyone here's sold to them? Do they offer well below a private sale price? do they seem a bit shifty etc.?
    Cheers.

if your looking for a sale you need to get it up on www.carsireland.ie (free) or www.carzone.ie (30.00) don't think any of the other sites get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

just sold my car there recently was up on carzone for 5 days - no calls,autotrader,1 day no calls and CBG.ie for 1 day with 1 call-car sold to a local guy that i had mentioned it to previous to putting adds up-only took 5 days quickest,hassle free sale ever!

If its not selling its due ot a dodgy add or an over inflated sense of value,some people on carzone are taking the p..s with prices esp in the TDI golf segment which is what i was selling people are looking for crazy money like 13500 for a 02 golf with over 130k on the clock and with an average spec!!! i sold a mint 02 rare specced 130 bhp golf with only 88k and FSH for 11k on the button!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

if your looking to sell it fast just get one of the resident car nerds here to help write the advert... do all the other leg work youself... worth a try , no ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I had my friends car on carsireland for 2 days and it sold !

Got what I wanted and the guy drove off yesterday !

I had it on adverts.ie previously and got a few enquiries from that but some messers also !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 aquestionmark

cheers for all that. i dropped the price and stuck it back up on cbg its a 02 golf with 57,000 on the clock and i have it at €9500 which is the lowest on cbg so hopefully i'll have a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 aquestionmark

just to note in case anyone else is thinking of going to this crowd i rang him just out of interest and he offered 5grand for a 02 golf with 58,000miles. So don't bother.

Advertisement