Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly place for evening readers

• 28-01-2008 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all!!
    I am just wondering is there any place in Kilkenny where I would go in the evening time, take a sit, order a cup of tea and read a book?
    There should be a good lighting and calm atmosphere...I started a course few weeks ago but now I am realizing that my home isn't the best place to keep concentrated...
    Any suggestions welcome!!
    Marta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quxuik

Sorry about my grammar;/ I know that its not pertfect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I'd go to a hotel if I were you, rather than a pub or trying to find an open cafe.

The Rivercourt Hotel has a fairly quiet bar, and the Ormonde Hotel has a big lobby area with nice quishy sofas where you can get tea.

The library is open late-ish on Tues and Weds I think until about 8. There are one or two desks where you could sit for a while.

Advertisement