Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a script like this ?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

I need someone to help me out in recommending a script or something that might help me.

I want to build a site that has 2 things.
    1: gallery of images of a said person
    2: Info on that person.

Like a celebrity fan site. Where people can go to your site look at the images and read the Bio,

On one side of the site there would be like a listing of A to Z and when they click a letter they are brought you people that names start with that Letter.

I've been trying to use Mambo,, Not really working as there is no Gallery. Also tried some Gallery script but again didnt suit.. is there something out there or am i looking at a custom made script?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Have you looked into wikis? This is a good site to try out CMSs.

I bet 5$ it's nude celebrities..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

It's not nude.. It's a Music fans site.. for a client

I'll have a look at it
    thanks.

nothing really that will work on that site.. Nice site tho.. has alot of scripts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Wouldn't cost that much to have someone code it up for you.

Doesn't sound like that big of a job.

well i'd like to have an admin panel of some sorts,

i was going to try it myself,, but learning PHP and MySQL takes longer then i thought lol..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Even with control Panel, - try RentaCoder.com - get someone to do it cheap there but it would be preferrible to have someone program it here so they can support it for a while.

I've never come across something as specific as you suggest but i'm sure if you look hard enoguh you could find scripts that could be merged to form what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Bah, just as well nobody bet me.

How about this?

ya i seen that site.. it's not the right thing.. i might just get one made !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I developed a simple gallery script for an artist, pm me and I will send you url.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

Flickr has a nice app for things like that, I use it to upload and download pubs pics!

• Advertisement
Advertisement