Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace Brake Pads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

hang on. I got the pads out meself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

pic attached

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i don't think those v-brake ones will work with caliper shoes, but i could be wrong.

i have dura-ace pads in 105 shoes (i think) on my bike and they work fine, but they were a bit fidly to change.

i stuck i very small allen-key in through the hole you just took the little screw out of and jimmyed* the pad along till it got free.

*not a real word, but you know what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Anybody know which brake pads Campagnolo Xenon brakes take? The ones on the bike when I bought it look a bit like the ones in the 105 photo linked-to above...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

They're the same pad type, so Dura Ace pads should work in 105 calipers.
    Anybody know which brake pads Campagnolo Xenon brakes take? The ones on the bike when I bought it look a bit like the ones in the 105 photo linked-to above...

Campagnolo have a slightly different pad design, so the Shimano ones won't work. You'll need these or a something similar from a third party manufacturer. The pad design changed after 2000 I think, so look for post 2000 pads. I use these for example, which are great in the wet weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Doesn't wiggle charge for delivery to Ireland which makes ordering brake pads online a bit expensive (unless you are ordering other stuff as well). Can anyone suggest a good place to get Kool Stop pads?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The links were just for illustrative purposes. I got my last set from Chain Reaction.

Does that mean all Veloce & Mirage pads are also Xenon-compatible?
    el tonto wrote: »
    They're the same pad type, so Dura Ace pads should work in 105 calipers.

Campagnolo have a slightly different pad design, so the Shimano ones won't work. You'll need these or a something similar from a third party manufacturer. The pad design changed after 2000 I think, so look for post 2000 pads. I use these for example, which are great in the wet weather.

Does that mean all Veloce & Mirage pads are also Xenon-compatible?

I'm pretty sure that all the current Campagnolo line takes the same pad type. I think the different replacement pads sold by Campagnolo differ only in rubber quality.

Thanks el tonto. Unfortunately, CRC only seems to have the green (ceramic rim) pads in stock for the past month and a bit. So guess I'll have to wait a bit longer unless you can point me somewhere else :D

• Advertisement

garo wrote: »
    Thanks el tonto. Unfortunately, CRC only seems to have the green (ceramic rim) pads in stock for the past month and a bit. So guess I'll have to wait a bit longer unless you can point me somewhere else :D

Aside from CRC, I can't think of anyone else off hand who has them that you wouldn't have to pay delivery on. I got my last pair earlier on this month, so CRC may well have them back in stock soon.

Cheers for that.

Garo, what about these?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=2951
    el tonto wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that all the current Campagnolo line takes the same pad type. I think the different replacement pads sold by Campagnolo differ only in rubber quality.

I have heard good things about Kool-Stop but I'm not familiar with Fibrax. Are they as good?

I know that CRC had the black ones in stock early on this month but I want some salmon ones for the wet. Those haven't been available every time I have checked since Xmas.

Never heard of Fibrax either.

Looks like I bought all the Salmon Kool Stops!

Advertisement