Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Carbury???

Options
  • 28-01-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me when broadband will be enabled on the Carbury Co. Kildare exchange?
    When I ring Eircom I get the usual shi*e mad.gif that its on the list and it will be enabled soon. In fact they have said this for the last two years and nothing has happened. Anyway I'm getting pretty sick of 28k bogband and I'm wondering if anyone can give a better time frame than the pretty much useless people at eircom?

the first four digits of my phone number are 9553 if that helps

Thanksbiggrin.gif

Edit: Its even more annoying that there is broadband five miles away in Edenderry and in johnstown-bridge..... GRRRRR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

I feel your pain :( We moved back from the UK to Coonagh, Derrinturn in December and have been desperately trying to get any type of broadband since. Without broadband i have to drive to Leixlip every day for work which is becoming a pain in the ass.

I spoke to Eircom and they confirmed that the Carbury exchange is next to be upgraded (as Grommet has said also). She said it was scheduled to have been completed last year but there was a delay, but couldnt give me any timeframe for it completion.

I just pray that when it arrives, our house is close enough to receive broadband.. Do you know where the exchange is located in Carbury?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

ICE broadband is available in Derrinturn, but please read the sticky regarding them before you decide to sign up.........as for the Carbury exchange, it's located beside the Castle inn pub on the bend in Carbury, if your coming from say Derrinturn/Edenderry instead of taking the bend at the pub to go towards Enfield, go straight on towards the dead end/church? and about 30mts past the pub on your left hand side there is a little white old building about the size on a small bungalow, that's the exchange, I have personally been in it when I seen the eircom vans parked outside it to ask them this very question, they showed me all the new broadband equipment installed but the exchange as previously stated has issues receiving the broadband data.......we'll have to keep waiting, hopefully grommet can keep us upto date on the availability thread, as he is more accurate than the Eircon phone monkeys.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

May I suggest you post here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95197&page=25

Grommet is very good at providing exchange live dates,

[EDIT] You've already posted there so I'm locking this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement