Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike shops in Cork

Options
  • 28-01-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

hi

I am looking for a bicycle shop in Cork, with a workshop. I know Kilgrews Cycle and the two shops on Shannon (?) street, any others maybe?

Many thanks.
    sf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

There's Aidan Quinlan's shop on Barrack St which does service and repairs in-house. In my experience they're friendly and helpful - none of that disdainful attitood you get in some bike shops! The opening hours are a bit unpredictable. There's also a shop in Capwell near Colaiste Chriost Ri, just off High St. They at least do basic repairs, also good in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Carroll Cycles in Dillons Cross, very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

thanks lostinsuperfunk and deRanged for the replies. wouldn't have thought there would be that many. Barrack street would be extremely handy, will go there this week on way home

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Victoria Cycles @ Victoria Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

I have just found this page it kinda gives a summary of all the shops

http://corkcyclingcampaign.com/shops.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

A few more:
    • Barber's, Connolly Road, Ballyphehane.
    • I think there is one in Ballincollig on the main street near the Inniscarra turn-off, called West End Cycles or something like that.
    • I've also seen one on the way to Kinsale from Cork, on the right hand side, either in Belgooly or Riverstick. I think it's in Belgooly.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

There is one on blarney street, near Shannon street. Fairly near to the centre of town.

Good selection of bikes (three floors) not lots of accessories. Friendly service but a little 'weird'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Zsuzso71

There is one on blarney street, near Shannon street. Fairly near to the centre of town.

Good selection of bikes (three floors) not lots of accessories. Friendly service but a little 'weird'.

Hi, could you recommend me any shop where I can buy electronic bicycle? :cool:
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Zsuzso71

scaryfairy wrote: »
    I have just found this page it kinda gives a summary of all the shops

http://corkcyclingcampaign.com/shops.htm

Megnézem, köszi.:) (I'll check it, thanks) Well, and hello here, too.;)

Advertisement