Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duck with puy lentils

• 28-01-2008 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭

I know duck is fatty but given a lot of the fat comes out during cooking (hot griddle pan and then into the oven) in terms of having a good diet would I be okay to eat maybe half a breast with puy lentils and some balsamic vinegar. Would probably roast some root veg with it (one teaspoonful of olive oil okay?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I am not sure. But one way to reduce the fat is to remove it before cooking. When cooking it will fall off and soak the meat with it. I sometimes take the skin off a entire chicken before cooking it. Less spitting and mess in the baking dish too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

1/2 a duck breast with puy lentils? remove the fat? Why? You are not going to eat it three times a day, so forget the healthy option and just enjoy the meal.

You run the risk of being super healthy and expiring of boredom.

Advertisement