Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing the CAGED

Options
  • 28-01-2008 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello all

Im presently grappling with the CAGED scale system, and Im having a difficult time finding the proper feel to these scales (if that makes any sense at all)
    I was wondering if anyone knew a solo or riff in each of these positions (preferably aeolian), that would give some indication on how to approach them....Im a bit out at sea trying to get anything decent going with them

thanks for help anyone can provide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

hello there father,

im not a theory head myself so this might not be the right answer to your question but have a look here http://www.guitarshredshow.com/#home

if you click on "lesson in 7 modes" it has a little game for each mode and if you land your magic carpet(yes magic carpet....just click the link!! ;)) you can practice and it has lots of riffs for that mode!

hope this helps, and if not...enjoy the game! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fr Funk it alll

king-stew wrote: »
    hello there father,

im not a theory head myself so this might not be the right answer to your question but have a look here http://www.guitarshredshow.com/#home

if you click on "lesson in 7 modes" it has a little game for each mode and if you land your magic carpet(yes magic carpet....just click the link!! ;)) you can practice and it has lots of riffs for that mode!

hope this helps, and if not...enjoy the game! :D

Thanks for the response, the game by the way is class!

However, what I mean is the CAGED scale system, as in what famous riffs utilises the A shape scale or the C shaped scale, I'm just trying to remember this stuff through playing some riff and also trying to get some vibe from the scale and how to approach it.

Thanks again for the game this strangely addictive!

Advertisement