Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help me out...?

Options
  • 28-01-2008 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

:mad::confused::mad:

i posted a thread earlier today about "tracktion 2 keeps crashing..." , when i use amplitube. so i downloaded the asio4all drivers, and still no luck.
    im using the Ik multimedia stealthplug (ASIO stealthplug driver) and it crashes while i am recording a track, laptop shuts down, blue screen etc etc. i am at a loss as to why..
    now i cant seem to record in with direct sound.
    its a standard 2G RAM advent laptop, new, Win VIsta, so im thinking that i shouldnt shut down over one measly track in Tracktion 2..
    can anyone help??
    anyone around the limk area with a good knowledge of music recording on pcs..
    ill sort ye out money wise if ye wish, but im really pi**ed off at the moment....

ta
    barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Is it a cracked version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

nah, do u mean copied by cracked?
    nope, they all originals....

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

hey i know you said your not using a crack, but i once knew a guy (unsavoury sort) who had a crack for amplitube and every time i, i mean he, used it it tended to make cubase crash, especially if he used the distortion pedal. boy did that teach him, downloading cracked software, what a cad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

ogy wrote: »
    hey i know you said your not using a crack, but i once knew a guy (unsavoury sort) who had a crack for amplitube and every time i, i mean he, used it it tended to make cubase crash, especially if he used the distortion pedal. boy did that teach him, downloading cracked software, what a cad!

lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

are you recording to hard disk which is a same disk as where software is running?

memory getting used up,, will try to use hard disk as memory when ram is full....

bigger or smaller samples maybe???

• Advertisement

yeah, tis a new pc, with nothing really saved on it. i optimised vista last night. i think its the USB stealth plug thats doing it, as i can listen to tracks using the ASIO4all drivers, and there's no prob, the minute i plug in and try and record with USB, it crashes.
    i reinstalled the stealth plug and it also crashed the pc without even turning on tracktion, think i need to reinstall the drivers for it. if thatdoesnt work, the stealth plug is a waste!!! got it over a year ago, so dunno about warranty...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

BarryCreed wrote: »
    yeah, tis a new pc, with nothing really saved on it. i optimised vista last night. i think its the USB stealth plug thats doing it, as i can listen to tracks using the ASIO4all drivers, and there's no prob, the minute i plug in and try and record with USB, it crashes.
    i reinstalled the stealth plug and it also crashed the pc without even turning on tracktion, think i need to reinstall the drivers for it. if thatdoesnt work, the stealth plug is a waste!!! got it over a year ago, so dunno about warranty...

Does the stealth plug support Vista? It definetely sounds like a driver issue.

think i fixed it....(for now)
    reinstalled drivers etc...

Advertisement