Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel more expensive now than unleaded..

Options
  • 28-01-2008 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

WHY?.

Is it because more people are using Diesel now than every before so its time for 'rip off Ireland' to fleece the diesel motorist now or what?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's been like that for ages. Theres been a couple of threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Up to a week or two ago in my neck of the woods diesel was about 1c per litre dearer than petrol. But now on average it is 1c cheaper than petrol in my area. Currently resting at 115.9c a litre in my local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

To do with Diesel being an additive in heating oil I've heard. Drives the price up every winter.

Are there any other bulk buyers of Diesel during the winter. Do farmers like to top up once a year at Christmas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, I've noticed it's been at least the same price as unleaded for some time now. It's apparently a seasonal thing too; during the winter, more diesel is used for heating etc at this time of year, so demand is higher.

Advertisement