Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do women ever make the first move?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Its never worked out for me being the main pursuer.... Likewise, for my friends. In the cases where my friends are happily married it was always after the guys making the initialial 'chasing' moves... I agree with being the modenr woman and think that women should make 50% of the effort but (especially with older guys) it generally scares the life out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ladies,

First time posting in the ladies lounge, so please go easy on me.

I have a problem that's been bugging me for a while now. Basically, there is this girl I like a lot. I have only known her a few months but she is really great to be around and is the kind of girl that I find really attractive (on more than just a physical level). Anyway, I'm not sure if she likes me, we haven't hooked up or anything and generally I am pretty poor with women, I don't really know why (is posting on boards about my love life a clue?) but thats the way it is.

What I want to know is: Will a girl, even if she likes a guy, not make the first move or is that my old fashioned view of romance? (And I don't mean grinding on the dancefloor, but a simple bar-type setting)

Cheers

I generally don't. I'm shy and the girl thing is a good excuse.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm shy but I was so in lust with my bf before we got together, that I couldnt resist making a move. We were good friends and I just leaned over and kissed him and we've been together ever since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Nightwish wrote: »
    I'm shy but I was so in lust with my bf before we got together, that I couldnt resist making a move. We were good friends and I just leaned over and kissed him and we've been together ever since :)

Ah thats cute. :)

Advertisement