Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student night in galway city

Options
  • 29-01-2008 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi,

I'm heading up to Galway this thursday just for the night with a team of student footballers. Wondering if anyone has any advice on where to head out to. Is there any places with good drink promos? Are the clubs expensive in?
    Where's good to go before the clubs? Also anywhere cheap with good food?

Appreciate any replys,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

what music are ye into etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 maishyburger7

anytype really just ordinary club/disco really. Just a group of lads on he pull getting locked really!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

Just a group of lads on he pull getting locked really!

cps so

maby Karma for student night

how much is it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

how much is it in?

not sure not been to either place in ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Pretty sure its either 7 or 10 during the week. Last time I went to either was over a year and it was 7 during the week, 10 in Karma on Saturday night. Far as I hear, or so it looks by the length of the queue, Karma gets the majority of students (and wimmin's) during the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

how much is it in?

They're both around 4-6 euro I think.

Come to Corrib Village flat 37 for Teapot Thursday around 9ish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Kennedya beside cuba always fires out free promotions and passes(so annoying). Never been there, by the looks of it never will either. gpo does cheap drinks. Present you student card to most of the clubs except cps and you get money off. However you being a football team will probably be after the women so just head straight for cps/karma. although some say the class of lady/gentleman frequenting karma is inferior to that of cps? Je sais pas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

No it's now flipped Karma wimmin better.

Go to Karma it'll be around 6-8 euro depending on the night. Sometimes if its a busy thursday its 8 or 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go to Kings Head on Shop street and then ask around for clubs. Galway is small so you can walk everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

come to snipe avenue for my birthday party!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

note to self, ring cops to complain about noisy party on snipe avenue

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    note to self, ring cops to complain about noisy party on snipe avenue
    +1 - Up for divilment :D

Rule #1: Never broadcast a house party online!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Alessandra wrote: »
    Present you student card to most of the clubs except cps and you get money off.

This will only work with a NUIG/GMIT student card!

CP's is definately the club if your looking hot ladies, it will be E8 in though and they won't let you in if you are anyways drunk, there is always the GPO which is or a free for all, it might not be that busy but you will be guaranteed to get in! If your looking for cheap drink before hand i'd recommend foxes,(beside the train/bus station), but crowd wise it might not be great. The best advice i could give you would be to just wander around, galway is pretty compact so you'll find the crowd quick enough.

is cp's actually hard to get into if you've been drinking? Are the bouncers very strict inside too?

loving these offers of parties, keep them coming, best one can have the pleasure of our company!!!!! Plus lots of drink!!

teapot thursday ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

house party turned out to be a very messy affair which went onto the wee hours drinking and playing the guitar.. happy days

thanks for the heads up. Ended up drinking in the hostel till about 11, we were pretty locked at that stage.

Hit the streets and got stamped for everywhere, all over us (found one on my back the next day, haven't a clue??!! although the good looking pr girl with the hat and scarf might have had something to do with it). went to cp's and just like you're advice said not everyone got in. Some tried karma but it was packed and dey were saying it was full. A few stragglers went to GPO but it was pretty ****, so after doing a lap around in there and we den headed back to cp's. the drunkest went to the place next to cuba.

After that went back to the hostel via abrakeabra!!!

By the way anybody bring a dublin guy home, only to find you're toothbrushes gone, if so i know where who has them...!!!!!!!

By the way anybody bring a dublin guy home, only to find you're toothbrushes gone, if so i know where who has them...!!!!!!!

Class :D

Advertisement