Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suspected spiked drink

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Lol. I was you taking this seriously, untill you mentioned you drank 20 shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

A girl I know of had her drink spiked in a club in Ireland (she wasn't drinking alcohol that night, and doesn't do drugs). Not sure of the details, but she's now barred from that club because she testified against them in court or something...

The majority of "spiked drinks" are just girls going crazy on the booze, loosing all self control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

20 shots is stupid though, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

No wonder so sick! Hope ya feel better soon though.... Get some sleep, and sweat it out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kiya wrote: »
    i was spiked in london, freakiest thing EVER!! :eek:
    only for the fact that it was my 1st drink out with my m8s, everyone else in the pub just thought i was blotto, luckily they brought me to hospital & it was confirmed via blood test.
    What was the drug?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

sueme wrote: »
    Lol. I was you taking this seriously, untill you mentioned you drank 20 shots.

Lol same. On a lighter note, a bloke - yes bloke - I knew in school couldn't handle his drink, and rather then come home a drunken mess to his disapproving parents he claimed his drink was spiked. LOl two months later he made the same excuse. What's worse, they believed him!

rubadub wrote: »
    What was the drug?
    Panadol! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

krazy_8s wrote: »
    As said above, drink spiking gets you off your face in a trippy stupid way, not a puking ill way. Thats too much booze.
    I was out with family one night was a gala event that then let normal crowds in after the event, I came back from the loo and my boyfriend at the time handed me back what I thought was my drink (my first drink of the night). I went to the toilet again and was found 45 minutes later foaming at the mouth and my eyes rolling back in my head, there was some puking but not much.
    I did go to the doctor and he stated exactly what everyone said here most supposed cases are spikings, but the spikings that do occur are very hard to prove due to the levels of "drugs" in the system, and how much is usually metobolised by the time the person is brough to the hospital.
    I got tests ran but as my bf at the time was afraid to bring me to the hosp till the next day, the docs could only confirm the raised levels of hormones in my system, they couldn't say for sure if it was spiked but that everything pointed to it being spiked.
    When your drink is spiked you will know, its nothing at all like a hangover, my balance was completely gone for about 3 days afterwards too, now not that i was unsteady, but literally I'd stand up and fall back down again.
    This happened years and years ago in quite a popular nightspot.
    OP I have sympathy for you but that is completely a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I'm in Tokyo by the way, not Ireland... so anything is possible (eg spiking!)

Yes, but in japan it's more likely that it'd involve one of the following

Giant robots
    tentacles
    ninjas
    Pokemon
    even gianter robots
    or godzilla

more than you drinking too much and pretending it was spiked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

OK so I drank maybe 8/9 cocktails - but i mean like small glasses and each one with only 2 shots in it, if even that.... and I'd 2 shots of vodka..... is that too much?

I'm in Tokyo by the way, not Ireland... so anything is possible (eg spiking!)

True, but its also possible that you were extremely stupid and drank a large amount of alcohol. It seems that way.

An ex of mine complained to me once after a night out (I wasn't there) that she had gotten spiked. I didn't believe it, she drank pretty strong drinks most of the time. More likely that she just got plastered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Unless you had a sore arse and a condom hanging out yer bum along with the mentioned side effects i doubt you were spiked.

I imagine you had too much to drink. Ppl thst are going to spike drinks dont put in drugs that make you throw up so much..

Having said that im no expert on date rape, i suggest you talk to togster about that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

snyper wrote: »
    Unless you had a sore arse and a condom hanging out yer bum along with the mentioned side effects i doubt you were spiked.

Is that what happened to you last night? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

snyper wrote: »

I know I shouldn't but I couldn't stop laughing when I read this! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

AFAIK Japan has the largest size measure of a standard drink compared to all other developed countries. (cant find it in google, but learned it in college)
    so 20 jap shots could be 25-30 Irish shots.

A study undertaken by Turner illustrates this problem. This comparison of
    definitions of standard drinks used in 125 international epidemiological studies showed that the
    definitions of a “drink” ranged from 8 grams of ethanol in the United Kingdom to 28 grams of
    ethanol in some Japanese studies.
    http://www.icap.org/portals/0/download/all_pdfs/ICAP_Reports_English/report5.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Of the 100 people i've heard got their drinks spiked i'd say about 1 actually had theirs spiked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

20 shots is just less than a 750 ml bottle of voda vodka so yeah you had alcohol poisoning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

As long as you didn't wake up in a bathtub full of ice and a row of stitches where your kidney used to be, you should be alright.

Ah it was probably just one of those ****e legal party pills, they're meant to be bollocks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

As long as you didn't wake up in a bathtub full of ice and a row of stitches where your kidney used to be, you should be alright.

You weren't watching Nip/Tuck by any chance....? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OK so I drank maybe 8/9 cocktails - but i mean like small glasses and each one with only 2 shots in it, if even that.... and I'd 2 shots of vodka..... is that too much?
    Holy sh1t, no wonder you blacked out. I had nine vodkas last night (bottle of Diet Coke for every two) and I puked three times during the night and still felt crap today. If it wasn't for the two Motillium I took, I'd have been begging random people to shoot me. How much you've lined your stomach makes a big difference too. I had about the same last weekend but I was fine as I'd eaten a big meal before I went out.
    To answer your question: yes, that is too much. I too reckon those spiking stories are usually just cases of people getting too drunk but at the same time, it's not a good idea to leave your drink unattended.

By the way "OP" means "original poster".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

FunkZ wrote: »
    Ah it was probably just one of those ****e legal party pills, they're meant to be bollocks though.

If you are that absolutely bollixed, that you do not notice the taste of a massive crushed up "party pill" or the 5-7 heaped teaspoons of salty GHB required to even get you a bit woozy, then you have drank too much already, the alcohol should be the drug you should be more concerned with.

The poster claiming to have tested positive in a hospital still didn't say what the drug was. She said it was her first drink and was with mates. That seems extremely odd, if the story was inferring a guy trying to drug and rape her.

Advertisement