Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

80s??

• 29-01-2008 6:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Here, Im in Melbourne Australia and it would seem to be that the 80s fashion is back over here unfortunatly. Everyone is going around in pink and yellow etc etc, its very horrible. Is it the same back home?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

No..not that I've seen. Get hip with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

80's fashion "back" in Australia? That's what they want you to think. That whole continent has been harbouring the mullet haircut since '89.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

yep, it's true. Australia is stuck in a bizarre time warp .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

its called new rave, and yes its huge over here. Its being pioneered by london teens, its like emo, only not based on black and white and they dont cut their wrists and write poetry.

You dont have to look far to see the new rave look in dublin, go to topshop - look at the skinny jeans, they come in green, red, yellow.. etc.

a taste of new rave.. i think its great :]

The 80's are coming back in one way only, and thats the colours, the look isnt coming back tho. Big big rim glasses and so on, flat peak caps, bright colours and hightops. Look in any shoe shops, theres bright yellow/green/red nike hightops all over the place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

red_ice wrote: »
    Look in any shoe shops, theres bright yellow/green/red nike hightops all over the place!

Wtf?!?!

Where are these shops?! I find it impossible to get hightops here in cork. Infact, i've never been able to get them . :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Stick in a few shops, tell them it's the new look and women will buy it:p Look at leggings and those rank safari shorts. And flouncy, shapeless multicoloured dresses:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Australia seems to be about 8 months behind the rest of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It all started with Eric Prydz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Theyre so far behind that when I over there in 2005, the craze was leggings and/or skinny jeans with pumps...came home and was literally laughed at in the street for my style....then a few months later the skinny jeans explosion happened..I'm not saying theyre advanced, but the leggings craze obv never ended in Oz and came full circle:)...

Advertisement