Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 28.01.2008 [spoilers!!]

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

haha! i remember that. hilarious :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I agree. He was well passed his peak but WWE never played to his strength's. He was phenomenal when he was younger.
    I loved that FallAway Slam/Standing Moonsault thing he did. Actually, I just assume he doesn't do that anymore, as I never match him. If he's still able to do it I'd be well impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Fozzy wrote: »
    That was the "cool" New York fans. Going by that logic Mysterio isn't over and Tommy Dreamer is a draw
    but it's tommy dreamer!!!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Watched Raw repeat last night-Mr Cena got quite alot of boos and Cena sucks chants from the Philly fans.

Kinda blows away the fickle New York fans arguement........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Watched Raw repeat last night-Mr Cena got quite alot of boos and Cena sucks chants from the Philly fans.

Kinda blows away the fickle New York fans arguement........

He's been getting booed for about 3 years now. And if anything I think it makes him a bigger babyface. My hunch is that it only makes his fans (young kids and woman mainly) support him even more. And my hunch is supported by the fact that he's WWE's biggest draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

He's been getting booed for about 3 years now. And if anything I think it makes him a bigger babyface. My hunch is that it only makes his fans (young kids and woman mainly) support him even more. And my hunch is supported by the fact that he's WWE's biggest draw.

I know.
    Depressing really.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

is that it only makes his fans (young kids and woman mainly)...

thats why i dont think he is the biggest superstar, sure he has alot of fans but thats just it...women and small kids, other wrestlin fans prefer others over him! the 5 knuckle shuffle thing is rediculous, imo its a poormans peoples elbow, and im back on my "cena is a poor mans rock" arguement again! i think he should turn heel, and not his joke of a "bad rapper" heel, did anyone notice that he didnt become a better rapper at all, even tho he now is supposed to be "brilliant"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

thats why i dont think he is the biggest superstar, sure he has alot of fans but thats just it...women and small kids, other wrestlin fans prefer others over him!

It was exactly the same when Hogan arrived on the scene. Maybe not with the women so much, but the kids loved him and the older fans disliked him. Of course, they could just go and watch the NWA for more serious wrestlers at the time. But you can't argue that Hogan wasn't a huge superstar simply because kids loved him and older fans didn't. Same with Cena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

thats why i dont think he is the biggest superstar, sure he has alot of fans but thats just it...women and small kids, other wrestlin fans prefer others over him! the 5 knuckle shuffle thing is rediculous, imo its a poormans peoples elbow, and im back on my "cena is a poor mans rock" arguement again! i think he should turn heel, and not his joke of a "bad rapper" heel, did anyone notice that he didnt become a better rapper at all, even tho he now is supposed to be "brilliant"

So what if Cena is a "poor man's Rock", Rocky isn't there anymore so it makes no difference. Compared to his competition he sells more products, he's good on the mic, has charisma that doesn't stem from having long blonde hair and he's clearly making an effort to improve himself in the ring. The last 15 months are a testament to that. I'd prefer to see him stay as a face aswell because let's face it, if he stays as a face, Jericho is eventually gonna have to turn heel (he looks like he's halfway there as well.After his "heelish" antics at the Rumble I'd say he's turned to a tweener

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just got round to watching this episode of Raw. Turned off as soon as I heard that they were doing Cena vs Orton at No Way Out. I knew what was coming next...

Sure enough from reading reports of the show it seems Triple H will be winning...oh excuse me 'competing' (wink, wink) in a number 1 contender's match.

What a f*cking joke. Now it's either going to be Triple H vs Cena or Triple H vs Orton in YET ANOTHER Triple H Wrestlemania title match. Abolsute f*cking BOLLOCKS.

And is anyone on this thread bitching about that? No, they're bitching about John Cena! Yeah he's the problem, right? Muppets. :rolleyes:

If you want to direct your ire at someone, direct it at that politicking piece of monkey piss SuperHunter who is so insecure about his legacy that he can't step aside and let some young stars get a chance.

Raw and Wrestlemania just became very missable viewing for me. I suppose Kendrick and London could always be subjected to a two on one demolition job by big nose in order to keep him strong. You know, because having ELEVEN TITLES already isn't quite good enough. What a prick.

Advertisement