Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backpacker Insurance - Blue or Ace?

• 29-01-2008 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Morning all!

I would love some opinions on these two insurance providers as I'm just about to purchase. Or if anyone would like to suggest any other company that would be great.

FYI we are looking at 6 months cover, no winter sports, and would like cover for missed departures.

Thank you.

GKEC.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

The most important thing is will they fly you home if you're in a coma or need an urgent blood transfusion which mightn't be advisible in certain countries. Definately worth paying extra for these. There have been some horror stories of tourists paying thousands to get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gkec

Yes Meathlass,

I should have mentioned above that money isn't an issue; I am looking for opinions purely on the basis of cover provided and customer service in the event of a claim if any has any experience.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

gkec wrote: »
    Yes Meathlass,

I should have mentioned above that money isn't an issue; I am looking for opinions purely on the basis of cover provided and customer service in the event of a claim if any has any experience.

Blue doesn't cover electronics equipment, not my cover anyway.
    Just had ipod and laptop charger stolen.
    That sucked.
    I did go for the cheapest option though, cause I was so sure I'd be ok. :rolleyes:

Advertisement