Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help an old school techie build a new school machine!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

It's looking good. Hope you got a good price on the Seasonic as the Corsair mentioned previously is usually a bit cheaper but is in fact made by, and of the same quality as the Seasonic (with a nice Corsair 5 year warranty too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

PROJECT ZEUS NEARING COMPLETION!!!

im000316hv4.th.jpg

im000317oy9.th.jpg

i actually cant believe it, it booted FIRST TIME!! Botted it up, slapped in my vista dvd, half an hour later and its playing crysis :D
    the side panel is off, and the one glitch so far is that i didnt hook up the front panel temp monitors, but project zeus is going unbelieveably well!! couldnt have done it without yous guys help!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I have had GAS for a while now, and you have just increased the pressure tenfold!!!:D

Nice system!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

DonalN wrote: »
    I have had GAS for a while now, and you have just increased the pressure tenfold!!!:D

Nice system!!

peep show, you have to love it :D

yep shes not eploded yet anyway, played crysis for about an hour so far, crashed to desktop twice, but its just so good :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Delighted to hear! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

When I built my first machine last year, I flicked the power switch and everything came on and I was like "Wow, it all worked, pretty cool!" I think the whole idea of building something as complicated like a computer by yourself seems daunting at first, but it's completely do-able.

Ironically, the hardware is easy and the software is hard:D

Advertisement