Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

08 Mitsubishi Lancer - 5th gear popping out

Options
  • 29-01-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Hi guys title says it all really and wondering if anyone has had this experience or have heard about it or is my parents car an isolated incident?

My parents bought the new 08 lancer model and while driving along in 5th gear it just pops back to neutral at random,no warning and not from going over any bumps on a completely smooth road it happens aswell,its going back to the garage but i'm just wondering if its a once off or if theirs the same problem with other new lancers too.

Anyone that has any information its really appreciated as I have no idea what could be the cause :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Take it back to the delaer and let them worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

This could indicate a serious gearbox fault.

Don't let the dealer fob you off with petty explanations and keep a detailed written record of all your complaints and what was and wasn't done by the dealer to rectify it.

Eventually your car may need to have the gearbox replaced and the dealer may not want to do that (or Mitsubishi may not want to re-imburse him for his expenses) that's why keeping records is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

thanks peasant i'll be sure to do that,thats why I was looking for advice because I don't want the dealer fobbing my parents off when it could be something more serious that he wouldn't want to have to pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you have 3 years to get it sorted out! always good to keep records though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

syncro gone on a 05 lancer!!!!

and 5th gear?? thats really strange, how many miles are on it.
    are those gearboxes sealed, or do you have to exchange the oil when servicing it??

• Advertisement

kona wrote: »
    syncro gone on a 05 lancer!!!!
    It's an 08 Lancer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Back to the dealer with that yoke. Should be fixed under warranty. If not ask for money back as the car is not fit for purpose.

Without a shadow of doubt, that problem is covered under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's an 08 Lancer

**** and i thought 05 was bad, sounds like a recall might be about to happen on these.:o
    if the dealer questions the op over this id shoot him, clearly a manufacturing **** up

Advertisement