Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek Football

Options
  • 29-01-2008 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Arsenal v Newcastle -- Tough one!
    Bolton v Fulham --`Home win. High score
    Middlesbrough v Wigan -- +2.5 Goals
    Sunderland v Birmingham -- I'd go for a low scoring home win

Other games;

Barnsley v Colchester
    Cardiff v QPR
    Charlton v Stoke
    Hull City v Coventry
    Ipswich v Plymouth
    Preston v West Brom
    Sheff Utd v Watford
    Southampton v Norwich
    Wolves v Sheff Wed

Cheltenham v Millwall
    Crewe v Bristol Rovers
    Doncaster v Hartlepool
    Huddersfield v Bournemouth
    Luton v Swindon
    Northampton v Brighton
    Nottm Forest v Swansea
    Oldham v Carlisle
    Port Vale v Yeovil
    Southend v Leeds
    Tranmere v Gillingham
    Walsall v Leyton Orient

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well I think the top three will all win so I'm going for them along with a few win/draws -

1 Arsenal v Newcastle (Backing Arsenal @ 1.3)
    2 MK Dons v Macclesfield (Backing MK Dons OR The Draw @ 1.16)
    3 Aldershot v Oxford Utd (Backing Aldershot OR The Draw @ 1.19)
    4 Roma v Sampdoria (Backing Roma OR The Draw @ 1.11)
    5 Reggina v AC Milan (Backing The Draw OR AC Milan @ 1.12)
    6 Man Utd v Portsmouth (Backing Man Utd @ 1.25)
    7 Chelsea v Reading (Backing Chelsea @ 1.23)

Betfair gives me 3.47

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I think you're throwing your money away with Arsenal.. Me and about 4,283,141€ (unmatched on BF) think it's a Draw/Newcastle day...

Scratch that... most of that unmatched is betting for arsenal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Selection 1 Queen's Park Rangers @ 2/1 To Win - QPR on form of late
    Selection 2 Watford @ 6/4 To Win - Sheff Utd will rest players for Fa cup
    Selection 3 Wolverhampton Wanderers @ 4/6 To Win - Sheff Wed playing Selection 4 Kettering Town @ 4/6 To Win - Gainsborough are ghey and Kettering have a good away record
    Bet Type Accumulator (4)
    Unit Stake €20.00

Birmingham City @ 11/8 To Win - Can see this being a low score win
    Roma @ 1/2 To Win - CS prediction of 2-0 for roma
    Over 2.5 goals @ 4/6 To Win - CS prediction of 2-1 for the gunners
    Arsenal v Newcastle United
    Bet Type Treble
    Unit Stake €15.00

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i did 2 bets tonight .. Kinda a little mad but hey ..

1st
    Morecambe 8/13
    MK Dons 1/2
    Tranmere 4/6
    Wolves 8/11
    West Brom 6/5
    Barnsley 10/11

29/1 Stake €10

2nd

:):):):):):)

Aldershot 4/7
    Burton 8/13
    Watford 6/4
    MK Dons 1/2
    Carlisle 7/4
    Yeovil 11/8
    West Brom 6/5
    Cardiff evens
    Arsenal 3/10

355/1 €5 on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Arsenal
    Middlesboro
    & Chelsea

2 and a bit /1

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well I think the top three will all win so I'm going for them along with a few win/draws -

Betfair gives me 3.47

4 wins so far. Just United, Chelsea and Milan to go
    jameshayes wrote: »
    I think you're throwing your money away with Arsenal.. Me and about 4,283,141€ (unmatched on BF) think it's a Draw/Newcastle day...

A simple lol will suffice here. Arsenal are unfire. They were never going to struggle cause Newcastle have had 2 shots on target in their previous two games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

WBA must hate me or something.
    I back them 3 times this year and they go and lose yet again.
    To make things even worse i backed them with a draw no bet and they still let me down.
    Never again WBA and Liverpool will never be backed by me again.
    Had unders on sunderland and bolton which more or less covered my stake but still sickened

A simple lol will suffice here. Arsenal are unfire. They were never going to struggle cause Newcastle have had 2 shots on target in their previous two games.

Well done! I seen that going differently! My expecations of Newcastle are higher than they should!

Although on another underdog tale.... Liverpool & WH ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

my accum for midweek was
    Ivory coast
    Arsenal
    Man U
    Chelsea
    Celtic

Two up last night hopefully another accum win

• Advertisement

Celtic abandoned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Was tempted to back Liverpool at evens but didn't. I still think they'll win but avoided gambling.
    Can't find much value elsewhere but have Pompey 1-0 at 55.0 hoping for a decent trading opportunity for a small outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Treble for tonight:

Chelsea @ 2 - 9
    Rangers @ 1 - 2
    United @ 2 - 9

All to win. Money doubler.

Forky wrote: »
    Was tempted to back Liverpool at evens but didn't. I still think they'll win but avoided gambling.
    Can't find much value elsewhere but have Pompey 1-0 at 55.0 hoping for a decent trading opportunity for a small outlay.

I know i said i would never do it but i just backed liverpool v West Ham Under 1.5 @4-7 in betting in running.
    Can see this being a 1 nil away win.
    Would be the first money i made from Liverpool since october!

Wow liverpool lose to a last minute penalty.
    Dont give a crap what anyone says at this stage but Benitez has to be questioned.
    Cant see him there at the start of next season (At this stage i hope he isnt tbh)
    Still collected on my bet so im not too disheartened

I'm a utd fan and I love to see liverpool lose, but it's actually embarrassing lately

Betfair gives me 3.47

Another nice win. That's three good ones in three game weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Anyone reckon senagal are good value aganist south africa. 5/6, they have to in and they have a much better team imo. Thinking of putting them in a double with celtic on saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Football - at. bilbao evens have to win tonight they are 2-0 down from first leg so most attack and i feel bilbao havent performed to their potencial this season cause to are playing defensive fooball but tonight they have to attack and wit llorente,rivas,yeste,audriz,etxberria and lopez in attack they will surely score goals tonight maybe even win -1 at 11/4 but santander wont mind losing 1-0 as this will see them through so even money best bet Barcelona should beat a ppor villareal defence,yes they are good going forward wit nihat and rossi but wit barca having best home defensive record with only 5 goals conceded at camp nou this season puyol and the boys should keep them quiet and henry,messi and bojan will destroy that poor defence of villareal real madrid scored 3 against them the weekend which should have been 6 or 7 only for van nistelrooy had a stinker

Darts- j.Wade is in my opinon the best player around at the moment he has great chance of winning premier league and tonight i can see upset taylor is on bad form of late and if he continues playing like that wade should win easy..tonight i cant see wade lose so i pick wade the pdc player of the year with draw no bet at 6/4
    j.Part should beat one dart manley who has been more like 5 dart manley of late with poor finishing so 4/6 part should win
    barney at 4/11 should win but tonight im gonna wait as mardle been the bottler he is might take lead and bottle it again so betting in running might give good price on barney at some stage
    lewis and t.Jenkins are to quality players when lewis is good he is on fire but when he's bad he is very bad so it all depends which lewis turns i maybe a draw but its a match ye wud need to watch and bet in running

modo85 wrote: »
    Football - at. bilbao evens have to win tonight they are 2-0 down from first leg so most attack and i feel bilbao havent performed to their potencial this season cause to are playing defensive fooball but tonight they have to attack and wit llorente,rivas,yeste,audriz,etxberria and lopez in attack they will surely score goals tonight maybe even win -1 at 11/4 but santander wont mind losing 1-0 as this will see them through so even money best bet Barcelona should beat a ppor villareal defence,yes they are good going forward wit nihat and rossi but wit barca having best home defensive record with only 5 goals conceded at camp nou this season puyol and the boys should keep them quiet and henry,messi and bojan will destroy that poor defence of villareal real madrid scored 3 against them the weekend which should have been 6 or 7 only for van nistelrooy had a stinker

Darts- j.Wade is in my opinon the best player around at the moment he has great chance of winning premier league and tonight i can see upset taylor is on bad form of late and if he continues playing like that wade should win easy..tonight i cant see wade lose so i pick wade the pdc player of the year with draw no bet at 6/4
    j.Part should beat one dart manley who has been more like 5 dart manley of late with poor finishing so 4/6 part should win
    barney at 4/11 should win but tonight im gonna wait as mardle been the bottler he is might take lead and bottle it again so betting in running might give good price on barney at some stage
    lewis and t.Jenkins are to quality players when lewis is good he is on fire but when he's bad he is very bad so it all depends which lewis turns i maybe a draw but its a match ye wud need to watch and bet in running

Took a bit of atletico and barca myself.
    Hopefully i have a few quid in the bank to do some betting in running on the darts!

• Advertisement
Advertisement