Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

She thought I was pregnant !!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Dudess wrote: »
    And would you agree that some of the above could be applied to grossly UNDERweight people (e.g. medical costs, natural response of disgust)?

I can understand constructive criticism directed at a person who's overweight, but please, no nastiness.

I didn't think the thread was about grossly underweight people? but if that is the topic in hand i would be inclined to agree with you.

Misunderstanding that somebody is pregnant is a pretty silly thing to do due to the implication if incorrect, but at the same time if you carry that amount of weight/put it on in a period of not seeing somebody you may expect some people wondering if you were in fact up the duff or winning at salad dodging.

then of course theres arseholes who will just use it as an insult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dudess wrote: »
    I find it most ironic that Dragan and g'em over in Fitness are often accused of being "health freaks" yet when someone of 20 stone seeks advice, they're nothing but encouraging and understanding and don't post a single unkind word.

That's cos they're usually looking to try and rectify their problem. I've nothing but respect for the "big boned" people I see in my gym trying to shift weight and who stick at it. It inspires and motivates me to exercise and try and stay in shape.

I get grumpy when people like the OP seem almost shocked that someone makes a pregnant comment when the fact is she probably does look pregnant or at the very least eating for two or possibly three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

MLE Second time was by a young girl who thought because of the top I was wearing that I may be... she was mortified god love her.

well, to be fair to the young one, if it was one of those gorram "pregant tops" everyone was wearing last year, she can't be blamed. Man I hated those things! They're not still popular, are they? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

Yeah it was one of those tops and it was back in 2006 the comment was made so dont think there still in fashion, I dont have mine anyway. Not that I ever wore it again after that.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Someday you'll be pregnant and no-one will believe you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭morning-glory

ive been in the situation before where ive thought someone was but presumed they would have told me! try not get too upset by it, some clothes can have that affect so just watch what your wearing. Everyone can look great regardless of size so long as u dress in accordance to your weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Simple solution OP, hide out in BGRH like the rest of us, the lads in there would make Rosanne Barr look like a stick insect :D:D

Seriously though I wouldn't worry about it, it seems this happens alot and chances are she's heard by now that you're not and is wishing the ground would open up and swallow her :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Keep up the charade and you may get presents. :)

Advertisement