Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brenda Power this morning

• 29-01-2008 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Great moment not sure if she "planned it" but she might have cheeky sense of humour.

As per, she opened her programme with a monologue which took in the topics
    of the day - low cut tops, cancerous dogs, clampers, Irish language. A few mails/etxts came in about low dresses and that there is no point moaning if you get a sly glance when wearing one - she then made comment of her own about ugly women in such tops and without drawing breath said "speaking of old dogs.." and segwayed (sic) into dogs with cancer. :D

If she had been Pat Kenny the phones would have melted.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

mike65 wrote: »
    Great moment not sure if she "planned it" but she might have cheeky sense of humour.

As per, she opened her programme with a monologue which took in the topics
    of the day - low cut tops, cancerous dogs, clampers, Irish language. A few mails/etxts came in about low dresses and that there is no point moaning if you get a sly glance when wearing one - she then made comment of her own about ugly women in such tops and without drawing breath said "speaking of old dogs.." and segwayed (sic) into dogs with cancer. :D

If she had been Pat Kenny the phones would have melted.

Mike.

But Brenda is a woman. Has it escaped you that it is perfectly OK for women to make disparaging remarks of this kind. Kenny, on the other hand ( contrary to widespread belief ), is a man.
    Incidentally, did you hear the d*ckhead from Dublin City council who "refused to discuss the affairs of a customer with anybody else", and yet wouldn't talk to the "customer" himself. What a p*ick. Typical of the arrogant attitude of these " jobs for life " civil servants who treat with contempt, those same people who keep them in their job. First time in many years I felt like beating the c*ap out of somebody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

mike65 wrote: »

Don't know if I'd call it a great moment. Are you related to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:sighs: Another newbie who doesn't know me from Adam making some assumptions - it was a good moment as it summed up a type of broadcasting vernacular - call it Alan Partridge syndrome but I think it was sly humour on her part.

Mike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The way she goes on grates...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

She's fairly right-wing I believe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭dublinmadyoke

Well I have to say I listen to lots of radio and I love it, but I have to admit I am a channel flicker! I listen mainly to Newstalk in the morning and then turn over when Brenda starts, she does my head in!

One thing that really annoys me is that Newstalk seems to be scripted and the presenters do not drive the desk themselves as a result of this the timing of everything is off! Another thing that bugs me is that when they are conducting telephone interviews they mute the interviewees line-in therefore if the interviewee wishes to come in on a topic we the listeners have lost the first few words they have said until they decide to raise the fader.

Good things about newstalk

Breakfast Show ;)
    Sean:D
    George :D
    Off the ball (if your into sports!):)

Bad things

Brenda Power :mad:
    Orla Barry :mad:
    Eamon Keane:mad::eek:

..... Sin E...:)

Advertisement