Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The AIB CLICK Visa thread :)

• 29-01-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I was looking at AIB's credit cards online, and one they had advertised is the CLICK Visa, and they brag about it being the first card of it's type in Ireland.

What exactly makes it different from other credit cards, or IS it in fact any different at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nothing massive apart from a lower rate than some of their other cards, and the pushing of the online account management services from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

It's the best card on the market at the moment (and probably since ever!).

Don't know exactly what they mean by "first of its kind in Ireland", possibly the first card to be so cheap permanently (i.e. it's not an introductory rate that suddenly jumps after a few months) or possibly because it's the first card that can only be applied for and managed online?

The strange thing is that it is cheaper than a loan! Perhaps that's what they are on about - it's the first card that reverses the usual rule (take out a loan to pay off your credit card - now it's take out a credit card to pay off your loan:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

The first in Ireland bit is a reference to it being designed as portrait layout instead of landscape one, as they tend to be used upright now in the machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

bren2002 wrote: »
    The first in Ireland bit is a reference to it being designed as portrait layout instead of landscape one, as they tend to be used upright now in the machines.

Wonder how much they paid a marketing consultant to come up with that stroke of inspiration:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SionnachOghma

Sean_K wrote: »
    Wonder how much they paid a marketing consultant to come up with that stroke of inspiration:rolleyes:

Just another one of those moments of odd 'genius', like frosting the windows on airplane toilets, in case a flock of geese happens by while you're in there. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steo123

has anyone used this?is it any use?

can you transfer your funds from one account to another to pay for anything on your credit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Makes me want one! Wonder if they'll do a straight swap for my Mastercard !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

random wrote: »
    Makes me want one! Wonder if they'll do a straight swap for my Mastercard !

Nope, no product swop yet. You'll have to apply for the click then close the mastercard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Access your monthly Credit Card statement by logging-in to AIB Internet Banking
    Can do this already with a standard aib visa card
    Many services are available through AIB Internet Banking, so from requesting a card replacement and PIN reminder to applying for a credit limit increase; you will have control of what you need, just a click away!
    Can do this already with a standard aib visa card
    AIB's lowest Credit Card rate with an APR of 8.5% (variable), this is not an introductory offer!
    1/2 the current rate of a standard aib visa card. only reason to change but it the best reason for changing!
    wonder can i swap my current visa to it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Can existing AIB 'Be' credit card holders apply for this new card? I think the 'Be' credit card Apr is around &15% and i do most of my transations online.

• Advertisement

No reason that you couldn't, from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Just saw this card advertised, 8.5% is the standard rate on it - a great deal! I'll be switching from their standard visa to this one, I think!

http://www.aib.ie/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=ROIPersonalPortal/AIBContent_C/pp_service&c=AIBContent_C&cid=1177400418181&channel=P004

Merged :)

I thought by 'first of its kind' they meant it is all online (apart from the physical card, of course), and all your statements are only available online?

Yes you can apply for it if you already have another AIB credit card. The only time that is a hitch is if you are trying to move your AIB credit card to ANOTHER AIB credit card that has a 0% balance transfer offer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

dotsman wrote: »
    It's the best card on the market at the moment (and probably since ever!).

Lowest interest rate doesn't mean best card.

€7 for a late payment and €7 for going over your balance. No thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Sangre wrote: »
    Lowest interest rate doesn't mean best card.

€7 for a late payment and €7 for going over your balance. No thank you.

Is that much more than other banks? Anyway, if you plan on incurring either of those charges regularly you shouldn't get a cc in first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yes and if you plan on paying interest you shouldn't get a CC either. So it doesn't really matter who has what interest eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Sangre wrote: »
    Yes and if you plan on paying interest you shouldn't get a CC either. So it doesn't really matter who has what interest eh?

Don't agree with that at all. 8.5% is lower than a lot of people pay on unsecured loans to finance cars/holidays etc. If you are using it as a short term source of credit it can be much cheaper, especially as you can get close to 60 days int free. Not to mention the fact that you can clear balance in full at any time without incurring any penalties.
    If you used this card instead of the average 12 month loan you'll probably save money.

Of course credit cards can be very expensive if you don't use them wisely i.e. clearing min payment every month on standard card with 17%+ APR is crazy but not everyone uses them like this, as people from the Eddie Hobbs school of economics seem to think....

Just to say, you can switch from an existing AIB credit card to the Click one - I have an AIB standard card and I just received my Click card in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You rang them up and just said you wanna swap from you BE card to a CLICK and they sent you out a replacement ?

• Advertisement

random wrote: »
    You rang them up and just said you wanna swap from you BE card to a CLICK and they sent you out a replacement ?

No, I just applied for Click through my online banking. I'm going to move the balance on my standard Visa onto the Click and then close that card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

i have a new click cc from aib, does anyone know how long a balance transfer takes? my old card is with AIB too so i decided to switch because of the lower rate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It took 3 working days for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

Thanks for that. can you tell me did the new balance appear on your new click card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Thread renamed as it might be handy to have one place of all AIB Click queries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I applied for one of these ages ago & transferred my balance from my MBNA card (ironically I'd gone to MBNA because AIB wouldn't lower their interest rate & I'd been trying for some time to get MBNA to drop their charges recently & they wouldn't). Transferred the balance which due to MBNA's ineptitude took almost two weeks & rang this morning to close the card.

Now for the last three years I would have been a very heavy user of my card - approx €1000 - €1500 per month (pigsback points way hay!), but recently all that's stopped.

They put me onto their "customer Loyalty" department where they kindly offered to match my other card. "No thank you, I asked for months & you refused so I went elsewhere" !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Araniell

Been thinking of getting one of these as the easiest solution to the online buying of stuff. (Tried to set up transfers from aib to PayPal and had all manner of trouble).

Nobody's had any trouble with Click, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Not sure how long that low interest rate lasts for, but after a few months i noticed my click visa APR is back to double digits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Not sure how long that low interest rate lasts for, but after a few months i noticed my click visa APR is back to double digits.

So the interest rate doesn't stay the same? Are you sure that yours is now in double digits? Surely there is not point in transferring to click if it is for all intents and purposes just an introductory offer even though they claim it is?

Afraid you're mistaken here. It definitely is 8.5% at the moment and not an introductory rate.

If you are on a higher rate, then you're not on the click or there is a problem with your account (are you in arrears etc?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Hi guys,

Not in arrears thankfully. I looked through all my old statements there and it turns out I was talking complete bollox. I must have gotten my wires crossed somewhere.

So in summary, the Click Visa rate is actually good and long may it live! *raises glass*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

Anyone ever do a balance transfer from aib mastercard to one of these click babies?? Is it poss? Any catches??
    TA:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Whats the credit limit on a click card?

• Advertisement

Credit limits depend on the individual and their circumstances :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Got a click about 6 months back... cleared my old AIB one and got the new one in the post a couple of days later... Just beware.... I bought something in the first week of having the card but somehow forgot to pay something off in the first 30 days ... the feckers put a hold on my card.... was a pain until I figured out what happened... maybe thats standard with all new cards but it confused me...! Just a heads up... since then everythings rosey...!

Rats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

ratsam wrote: »
    Got a click about 6 months back... cleared my old AIB one and got the new one in the post a couple of days later... Just beware.... I bought something in the first week of having the card but somehow forgot to pay something off in the first 30 days ... the feckers put a hold on my card.... was a pain until I figured out what happened... maybe thats standard with all new cards but it confused me...! Just a heads up... since then everythings rosey...!

Rats

One thing is with the Click card that you dont get any credit card statements in the post - they are done online so be careful and remember to always check for a new statement or you'll miss when it has to be paid!

dlambirl wrote: »
    One thing is with the Click card that you dont get any credit card statements in the post - they are done online so be careful and remember to always check for a new statement or you'll miss when it has to be paid!
    thats why i want one!! saves the chief finding it in the postbox!!!! :)

magconn wrote: »
    thats why i want one!! saves the chief finding it in the postbox!!!! :)

Ha ha ha very good!!

Just remember to check it often to make sure you dont get any nasty extra payments

• Advertisement

dlambirl wrote: »
    Ha ha ha very good!!

Just remember to check it often to make sure you dont get any nasty extra payments
    oh believe me, tis well grilled come the end of month !! :)

magconn wrote: »
    oh believe me, tis well grilled come the end of month !! :)

Ha ha ha ha i know how that feels?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I'm thinking of applying for a Visa Click from AIB and came across this thread during a search. As this thread is 3 years old I just wondered is the Visa Click still the preferred Credit Card from AIB ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

Seems to be the lowest interest rate anyway.

http://compare.nca.ie/CreditCard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Thinking about getting one too; I see the APR has jumped up a bit since '08/'09..!
    Would that kind of increase over a few years be generally expected, or would this jump have something to do with the banking/economic issues over the last few years (or both)?

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Thinking about getting one too; I see the APR has jumped up a bit since '08/'09..!
    Would that kind of increase over a few years be generally expected, or would this jump have something to do with the banking/economic issues over the last few years (or both)?

The interest rate is 9.11%. APR's on a Credit Card can be misleading, as APR calculations assume that the drawdown of the credit is immeidate and the subsequent repayments are as if it was a standard 12 month loan with equal monthly repayments. Likewise, the government stamp duty is also included in an APR.

APR's are just used for comparisons and were introduced for credit cards in a big way with the ECCD (which itself was just a whole load of bureaucratic BS, for the most part!). The interest you pay can be a lot less/more, depending on how you use the card. If you use it responsibly, you have an effective rate of 0%!

Advertisement