Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL and Soulseek

Options
  • 29-01-2008 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Anyone have success in getting this to work on NTL broadband?

Maybe you could post the details here or PM instead.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

make sure you have forwarded the correct ports

check soul seek website and your routers manual to do both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 spektr

there is no need to try do port forwarding or anything like that. according to several emails that I've got since november ntl [jokers] technicians are aware of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

spektr wrote: »
    there is no need to try do port forwarding or anything like that. according to several emails that I've got since november ntl [jokers] technicians are aware of the problem.

regardless you should be forwarding soul seek ports to get the best performance from slsk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 spektr

ntlbell wrote: »
    regardless you should be forwarding soul seek ports to get the best performance from slsk

naturally:)
    but it's not relevant in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bundy89

I can't get it working at all, 5mins to connect and then I get disconnected after about another 5mins. Plus tried everything, must be NTL if any ahs it running on NTL let me know please.

I had it running on smart for years no problems, think I'll go back to smart..

• Advertisement

Has anyone got A CLUE about why I'm being stupid?

Moriarty your so funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulyx

The issue looks to be resolved with NTL/Chorus, I have a connection and its downloading... Can anyone confirm.

Paul I'll give it a test run and get back to you...

Cheers

Paul I can connect sometimes but I'm still getting disconnected after 10-15 mins or so, so for me the problem is still there, I was talking to someone on NTL in England and they have no problem with connections or downloads on Slsk but they are on a different router so I think the problem is that Netgear router. What do you reckon? :confused: Think I'll buy a new router think he said his was a Belkin, not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

I've been talking to Paulyx about this, he doesn't think it's a router issue, but he's having a chat with NTL about this to get the issue sorted.

NOC in Amsteredam is in talks with Soulseek admin.... Keep ye informed..

Ok cheers

This is the procedure:

- Open soulseek, log in
    - Click Options (The general options window in screenshot below will pop up)
    - Change listening port to 20833 and click ok
    - Reboot PC
    - Open Soulseek again, check options and confirm listening port is now set to 20833
    - Try downloading a file as normal

I have downloaded 1/2 gig in 48hrs big improvement

Not working...

Should be able to log on straight away regardless of the ports..

Advertisement