Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citylink to Dublin

Options
  • 29-01-2008 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Does anyone take the Citylink to Dublin airport anyway regularly?

Does it stay close to timetable?

I'm thinking of going on the 6 o'clock one to the airport on Friday. It's supposed to get in at 9.15 and I have to get a flight at 11. Will I make it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, should do. Citylink are pretty punctual.
    Allow yourself to be in the airport around 9:30/9:45 though, in case traffic is crap along the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

kevmy wrote: »
    Will I make it?
    No. With citylink on two separate occasions I have been almost an hour late to the airport, before and after the new tunnel. This out of maybe 15 travels total.

3 months back we were supposed to be at airport 5.45.
    At 5.45 we were still coming IN to Dublin :mad:
    Fortunately I always leave massive room for their mistakes so managed to get plane anyway. Do NOT trust these clowns for time keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Really?

It's been a good while since I had to slum it on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

if ever in doubt always go the safe side when it comes to things like flights. you probably would make it, but there's always a chance. I wouldn't call citylink clowns myself but like all services they have a tendency to underestimate. As a rule i'd give any bus service to Dublin at least 30 mins leeway minimum, others think i'm paranoid but meh... Irish roads...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd sit at the airport for two hours and have a bite to eat and a book to read rather than being twenty minutes late because city link was late.
    Mind twice out of 15 is not often but when you're catching a plane every minute counts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

biko wrote: »
    I'd sit at the airport for two hours and have a bite to eat and a book to read rather than being twenty minutes late because city link was late.
    Mind twice out of 15 is not often but when you're catching a plane every minute counts.

Yeah I'm leaning towards going up on the night-time one atm. I'd prefer to be sitting around for a few hours waiting for a plane instead of sitting around the whole weekend bitching about missing it.

If they were uber-reliable I might chance it but if there not...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There are other services http://www.nestorlink.ie/
    departs 05.45 skips dublin city and arrives airport 09.00

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Last time I was going for a flight at that time I got that 5.45 Nestor's bus. Takes off from and arrives as same spot as Citylink. Had time for some food but I think my flight was an hour later than yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Keep in mind that it only takes one Knob Jockey with a pucture on the N4 or M50 to hold up traffic in a 30KM radius.

This is no reflection on Citylink as they will be stuck in the same traffic as everyone else whilst the KJ tries to change a wheel with a Garda chopper monitoring the situation from the sky:mad: while you move at a rate of 3cm per minute... and Ryanair profit from your absence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Keep in mind that it only takes one Knob Jockey with a pucture on the N4 or M50 to hold up traffic in a 30KM radius.

This is no reflection on Citylink as they will be stuck in the same traffic as everyone else whilst the KJ tries to change a wheel with a Garda chopper monitoring the situation from the sky:mad: while you move at a rate of 3cm per minute... and Ryanair profit from your absence.

Yeah I've now decided to take the train to fcuk with the extra expense. At least I won't have to stay awake half the night for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

hm, never had any problems with Citylink at all. The last time I took the 6 am bus, the bus was full, we didn't have to stop anywhere, and got to the airport in 2.5 hours.

Also, they usually go to the airport first, and have a connecting bus to the city.

Just make sure to book a seat in advance, if you decide to take Citylink. Nothing worse than getting to the bus at that unholy hour and not having a seat...

Advertisement