Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to watch the rugby

Options
  • 29-01-2008 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I have some friends visiting the wknd after next and apparently there's some sport on they'd like to watch (I'm thinking rugby? Is it the nations?). Personally I think life is too short to follow any of that stuff but in keeping people happy we shall go and watch it somewhere.

Any suggestions? I guess the prerequisites would be a big screen, the availablity of alcohol and a good atmosphere ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think Living Room has a lot of that stuff on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

Too right,rugby is the sport of choice for the celtic tigers.

Wanabee west brits.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Des Hynes wrote: »
    Too right,rugby is the sport of choice for the celtic tigers.

Wanabee west brits.
    Thank god they're just wannabes and not actual west brits.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

To be honest I think it's less about the sport and more about the men in tight shorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

Munster 10 years ago had an average attendance of 500

Make of that what you will:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If it's rugby, you can guarantee it will be on in O'Connell's on the Square ...

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

this game will be available in all good pubs in Galway and some rubbish ones like The Living room :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rainingagain

The Quays is sometimes a goodplace to watch the rugby and events. They have a big screen out the back.

Some of the smaller places as well like the Dew drop have a good atmosphere!!!

Advertisement