Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia with Digiweb

Options
  • 29-01-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Has anyone ever setup Eircom's Wireless Netopia with Digiweb. I have a spare one lying around and was wondering could i use it to make my digiweb wireless??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Digweb DSL yes.
    Digiweb Metro, Wireless, Satellite, Mobile: No
    The router part can't be used ethernet to ethernet, but only with the DSL modem.

Also the normal Metro & Wireless modems need a Router to have more than one PC, so disabling the Router part of Netopia and using it as an access point won't work.

You need an ethernet WAN router + wiFi box if you are not on Digiweb DSL. Argos call them cable routers. komplett.ie just calls them ethernet routers.

If it has a DSL phone socket, then wrong kind of router for Cable, Metro, Wireless, Satellite etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Digiweb DSL (over phoneline) or Digiweb wireless (eg. Metro)?

It'll work fine with Digiweb DSL, just enter your Digiweb username/password into the Netopia and away you go.

It won't work with Digiweb wireless.

Edit: must type faster.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Thanks lads I thought that alright just said I'd post so I wouldn spend the next 2 hours messing around with it.:)

Advertisement