Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Interference on phone line

• 29-01-2008 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Just set up an eircom modem etc on a relations phone line as per instrutions attached. Problem is that there is serious noise and interference on the other phone line in the house which was installed by eircom some time ago. Im no sure which is the main socket. Is there anything I can do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Just set up an eircom modem etc on a relations phone line as per instrutions attached. Problem is that there is serious noise and interference on the other phone line in the house which was installed by eircom some time ago. Im no sure which is the main socket. Is there anything I can do

Contact Eircom, Tele: 1890 260 260

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭MickyJoe

Is it another line (different phone number) or same line (same number) - i.e just an extension point ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

its an extension point but Im not sure which is the main phone socket and which is the extension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Are you using microfilters on every phone socket in use? Try stripping the setup down to just one phone plugged in and the modem. If you still hear the noise, it could be a dodgy microfilter. Otherwise, get onto eircom.

Advertisement