Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia E65 Call Button

• 29-01-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Bought an E65 2 weeks back and have a weird issue with it. After some time on, the phone won't allow the call (green) button to dial numbers. The button itself works fine, lets me into the recently called lists and send texts within the text editor.

Dialling numbers and pressing green or pressing the green button within the called lists will not start a call! A reset seems to cure this problem?

Is this an internal software problem? If so, should I get the phone replaced anyway?

Pls help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

software fault. bring it back now or they'll send it off for repair instead of replacing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Thanks for the reply. I'd say you're right, might as well get another phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

ive had same problem constantly.. amongst other problems.. just dropped it in today into nokia repair centre fonemenders place today.. back in 2 weeks they say.. need to try and unlock an old vodafone 6230i now.. any ideas

bonkers wrote: »
    ive had same problem constantly.. amongst other problems.. just dropped it in today into nokia repair centre fonemenders place today.. back in 2 weeks they say.. need to try and unlock an old vodafone 6230i now.. any ideas

post the imei and i'll give you the code. pm me if you don't want to post it

Same issue with replacement phone, I reckon its just in need of a new firmware update from Nokia, whenever they get around to releasing it. Running latest version, problem is still there.

• Advertisement

you're running the latest version of the operator's software. is there a newer generic version?

mine doesn't do that

software is 2.0633.65.01 03-10-07 RM-208 Nokia

*#0000#

What's yours?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

maoleary wrote: »
    Anyone?

Yea I have the same problem, it does my head in, and it happening more and more.
    But if you type the number in manually it will work.

Think I might get the N95 8 gig

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

maoleary wrote: »
    software is 2.0633.65.01 03-10-07 RM-208 Nokia

*#0000#

What's yours?

Christ, I'm running 1.0633.18.01 11-01-07 RM-208. Looks like I'm a bit out of date. My green button works fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

feylya wrote: »
    Christ, I'm running 1.0633.18.01 11-01-07 RM-208. Looks like I'm a bit out of date. My green button works fine though.

Mine did it on both.

And does anyone else have problems with the following:

The contacts button

Switching bewteen the networks (3G and normal)

The bluetooth going crazy with the nokia CK-7W

And finally it restarting itself on its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ya I had problems with the contacts button not working and it switching itself off. Sent it off for repair through my local 3store a couple of week ago nd no problems since:D

steelbar wrote: »
    Yea I have the same problem, it does my head in, and it happening more and more.
    But if you type the number in manually it will work.

Think I might get the N95 8 gig

That's feckin weird, I just changed the E65 for an N95 8GB, and guess what?

The first one didn't work, the music player wouldn't start.

So I got it replaced, and so far (touch wood) it's doing fine. Great phone!!!

Advertisement