Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help with underwear..

Options
  • 29-01-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I'm currently trying to by undies for my OH. I have her bra size, but am stumped with the bottoms!!?! S, M, or L? Whats that about? She's not an L, but how can I tell if she's S or M. When I see S I'm thinking really, really small girls??
    Help.
    Please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

It would help if you told us her bra size.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Smalll 8-10
    Medium 10-12
    Large 12-14

thats what they usually class them by.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

She's a 32, and (thanks GinnyJo) A s/m - she's a size 10.
    Argh, do I get medium so?

Eh also - how do stocking sizes work pleasE?

Ask the lady in the shop ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

How big are her feet ?

• Advertisement

get her a medium to be sure so:D, so either way shes not offended.

her feet! Damn it, I dunno. Eh smaller than mine? 6? 8?

@Rozabeez: I'm too much of a wus to go into the shop. I'll be buying on-line. Some AP stuff dilivered. I hear they package it all up nice etc.. (Everyones a winner)

@GinnyJo: Thanks a million for your help. Life saveer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Get her a medium!

Ooh, online sizing? Go medium.

for stockings yea? medium?

• Advertisement

You're getting stockings too? As in hold-ups? Just buy them in a shop they're all one-size.

Well I was going to get the whole kit and kaboodle! Bra, pants, corset/suspender belt, and suspenders.

By the by - what size in corset thingie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

heh easy to find out. go routing in her presses. that what i did when looking for my man's shirt size. only way to know for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

mollybird wrote: »
    heh easy to find out. go routing in her presses. that what i did when looking for my man's shirt size. only way to know for certain.

It would have been funnier if you had said go rooting in her drawers

The corset will probably be related to her bra size..have you looked at what you want online?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Regardless of what size she is, never buy large.:)

Size 10 sounds like medium. Small can sometimes be very small and who needs cheese string for underwear?

Hmmm. Corsets can make smaller girls look really flat, if you know what I mean. You really should be gritting your teeth and going to a good underwear shop. The staff will be helpful and wont snigger.

Stockings should be easy to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

GinnyJo wrote: »
    get her a medium to be sure so:D, so either way shes not offended.

By that thinking get her a small. If she has to squeeze in all the better for ripping them off with your teeth ;) and you get extra kudos for thinking she is small!! Alriiiiiight high fives self [clap]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Also with corsets it can be hard to find the right size

I'm a size 8/10 in clothes and 34b but i've a wide enough back and finding corset type dress/dresses with quite tight bust can be difficult for me

in any case if you get her the wrong sizes she can change them.. well probably not the briefs for hygienic reasons!

kmick wrote: »
    By that thinking get her a small. If she has to squeeze in all the better for ripping them off with your teeth ;) and you get extra kudos for thinking she is small!! Alriiiiiight high fives self [clap]
    or it doesn'rt fit and she gets embarassed when its too small....take it from a girl get medium underwear, get her bra size bras and the corset should correlate to the bra size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

GinnyJo wrote: »
    or it doesn'rt fit and she gets embarassed when its too small....take it from a girl get medium underwear, get her bra size bras and the corset should correlate to the bra size.

I agree. Deffo go with a medium!!

• Advertisement

Again - thanks a million GinnyJo. Yea I found what I want to get her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

When in the name of god is 14 a large!

It goes in inches....

27-29" - small which is 8-12
    30-31" - medium which is 12-14/16
    32-35" - large which is 16 - 18/20

It's all to do with hip and waist size.
    Really think women have a warped idea of size.

Ah for fu(k sake. I'm just after buying a med for her!?! So size ten isn't a med?

...ok just checked size guide:

Small : 8 - 10
    Medium : 10 - 12

Seems I'm ok, pheww. Minor heart attack there.
    Ladies - thanks a million for your help. Bought last night (didn't quite realise how expensive these thing were!!!)
    Hope she likes them.

Jules wrote: »
    When in the name of god is 14 a large!

It goes in inches....

27-29" - small which is 8-12
    30-31" - medium which is 12-14/16
    32-35" - large which is 16 - 18/20

It's all to do with hip and waist size.
    Really think women have a warped idea of size.
    Hey I'm just going by what I've bought in shops, la senza has 12 as med and 14 as large, in thongs they do anyway.

Zulu wrote: »
    Ah for fu(k sake. I'm just after buying a med for her!?! So size ten isn't a med?

...ok just checked size guide:

Small : 8 - 10
    Medium : 10 - 12

Seems I'm ok, pheww. Minor heart attack there.
    Ladies - thanks a million for your help. Bought last night (didn't quite realise how expensive these thing were!!!)
    Hope she likes them.

I was talking in general.... im just in a pissed off mood... fair play to ya for getting off your arse and buying her something nice.

I just hate the image woman are projecting these days.

Join the club Jules:D
    The weight thing pisses me off, I've been a size 0 (kept the clothes to remind me) and its not healthy at all, I've also been at a stage where I've been sick and put on a few stone and been a size 16. The way people treated me and assumed I was a lazy arse when I put on weight was astounding, it really makes you realise how superficial and false some people are.
    Now I'm a 14, some people still think I'm fat..:rolleyes: I think I look good, i have the proper curves in the right places. I'm happy in who and what I am and if people have issues with it then thats their problem.

Jules your pissed off mood almost game me a heart attack. 300lids down the tubes. :(

I apologise Zulu, didn't mean to do that. Where did you buy them?

Ah no worries - it got the blood pumping first thing; woke me up!
    I got them in Agent Provocateur, nice and not slutty. ...I hope! Was it a good choice? (I suppose it's a personal thing so I'll find out soon enough!)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Zulu wrote: »
    Ah no worries - it got the blood pumping first thing; woke me up!
    I got them in Agent Provocateur, nice and not slutty. ...I hope! Was it a good choice? (I suppose it's a personal thing so I'll find out soon enough!)

You done good. Just the name alone will impress. :)

Must get my fella to read this......

Advertisement