Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Ashbourne

Options
  • 29-01-2008 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Everyday for a job, is it a bit of a journey to do twice a day? How long would it take in rush hour? What would be the best route anyone? Have looked up a few but thought I'd ask anyway to see if anyone could help me out, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i think heading through dunboyne anad rathoath is the quickest, but then its the only way i really know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

How about a nice map! This would be the shortest route distance wise and in rush hour traffic looks like your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

SW81 wrote: »
    Everyday for a job, is it a bit of a journey to do twice a day? How long would it take in rush hour? What would be the best route anyone? Have looked up a few but thought I'd ask anyway to see if anyone could help me out, thanks.

I don't think i'd do it myself! Go out that way a lot with the bf. You're talking maybe a 30min drive (traffic permitting). You will have to take into account thatwhen you come out of dunboyne to turn off in the fairyhouse direction, traffic can be really bad and also ratoath can have heavy traffic.

Don't know what Ashborne itself is like in the morning/evening...

Dunboyne, ratoath...is defo the best route. At a guesstimate i'd say 45min journey...prob more in the evening though. it all depends on what time you reckon you'll be hitting each area though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Thanks very much.

Yeah bit of a treck alright....better than driving in and out of town everyday like I was doing though I suppose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Definitely easier than driving in to town. No M50 madness....depends where in Maynooth you're living too....could add on 10/15 minutes to your journey if you're out at the other side with traffic, traffic lights etc but if you're on the Dunboyne Road side where I am it would be shorter again. Don't think it'd be that much of a big commute every day though? I've heard of a lot worse. 30-45 mins sounds alright to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement