Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

posting pics

Options
  • 29-01-2008 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

folks can i ask a quick Q

how do you post pics on boards.... say i have one on my camera can i save it to the desktop and go from there... or does it have to be hosted else where

I can post pics from other web sites alright but want to stick some up from the camera... all help appreciated thanks

paddy
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Save the picture to your desktop. You can then link the image from your desktop by clicking this icon: attach.gif You'll be able to upload and attach the image. It will appear in your post like WTF_hax.jpg. Anyone viewing your post can then click on the link to see the picture.

Alternatively, if you host the image online, at say, image shack you can click this button: insertimage.gif and enter the url. which will give you this:

WTF_hax.jpg

Using the image hosting sites might take a 'little' getting used to, just play around or come back and ask for tips :)

Note that some fora don't allow pics, in these fora this ( insertimage.gif) button won't be available

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

WTF_hax.jpg
    Off topic, but that gave me a good laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

delly wrote: »
    Off topic, but that gave me a good laugh :D
    Heh, the South African guy beside me here in work loved it too. :D

*tips hat*

Google is your friend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement