Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Green Issues

Options
  • 29-01-2008 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Indefinately, oscarbravo pm'd me with the news.

When I asked oscar to provide evidence of the alleged breach of etiquette, I was promptly told to 'get lost'.

Not the behaviour expected from regular posters, nevermind mods.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Why were you banned?

Link?

How did you as for the evidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

You started a thread with the exact same content that you posted to a thread in hte CT forum...as I pointed out in the Gi thread where you got banned.

So which would you like to take as your defence - that its not a CT (and you had no business posting it in the CT forum), or that it is a CT (and you had no business posting it in the GI forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You should have been banned for posting in red tbh. Are u related to casey?

zippy 99 wrote: »

Who asked to provide evidence of the alleged breach of etiquette, I was promptly told to 'piss off'.

Who asked to provide evidence of the alleged breach of etiquette, I was promptly told to 'get lost'.

Which was it?

• Advertisement

rkm wrote: »
    You should have been banned for posting in red tbh.

It was red in the site he copied/pasted it from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭zippy 99

bonkey wrote: »
    You started a thread with the exact same content that you posted to a thread in hte CT forum...as I pointed out in the Gi thread where you got banned.

So which would you like to take as your defence - that its not a CT (and you had no business posting it in the CT forum), or that it is a CT (and you had no business posting it in the GI forum).

I wasent a conspiracy theory I posted in GI.

All fact based my friend, however I felt still relevant to a thread in progress in CT, so I posed a quick link for those who might be interested

6th wrote: »
    Which was it?

'Get Lost'

He is quite insulting, so exsuse me for getting confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It was red in the site he copied/pasted it from.

Copying and not pasting unformatted. Even worse. Burn the witch!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

The fact that you were throwing insults around probably didn't help either.

• Advertisement

If you are complaining about the behaviour of a mod then take it to HelpDesk and abandon this thread.

I wasent a conspiracy theory I posted in GI.

Yes, it is....just as the 'chemtrails' topic you started there previously was.
    All fact based my friend.
    Riight. Thats why both chemtrails and weather-control have been topics in the CT forum long before you felt the need to bring them to the GI forum. Its because they're established fact. Why didn't I realise that!

Don't forget that the article you linked to in the ban-resulting thread admits that there's no evidence but that the theory is a hot topic amongst Conspiracy Theorists.

Just because you believe it doesn't mean its not a CT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I had a feeling that was gonna happen.
    Starting a thread about it is gonna make it worse dude.
    Try a wee apology to who-ever you were abusing and not lettin it happen again ?

If you are complaining about the behaviour of a mod then take it to HelpDesk and abandon this thread.

Thought feedback would be the place.

User feedback.

Yes, it is....just as the 'chemtrails' topic you started there previously was.

Riight. Thats why both chemtrails and weather-control have been topics in the CT forum long before you felt the need to bring them to the GI forum. Its because they're established fact. Why didn't I realise that!

Don't forget that the article you linked to in the ban-resulting thread admits that there's no evidence but that the theory is a hot topic amongst Conspiracy Theorists.

Just because you believe it doesn't mean its not a CT.

What I posted in GI WASEN'T a conspiracy theory. All fact based, dont go twisting this into something it is not. This is none of your business anyway, merely a thread to highlight my discontent to other mods.

Well basicaly you want to get a load of "Fight da Powah" users to jump in and defend you while being attacked by "mods".

Seriously if you want it looked into then do it right.

I had a feeling that was gonna happen.
    Starting a thread about it is gonna make it worse dude.
    Try a wee apology to who-ever you were abusing and not lettin it happen again ?

Dont comment on something you are not informed about.

Well basicaly you want to get a load of "Fight da Powah" users to jump in and defend you while being attacked by "mods".

Seriously if you want it looked into then do it right.

The mods are fine, only have trouble with oscarbravo. Not to many 'fight da powah' users on these boards to be honest, and im not one of them either.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If the things you post about are not conspiracy theories, why do you post about them in Conspiracy Theories?

Ban won't be lifted.

This is none of your business anyway,
    You're offering feedback. So am I. I have just as much right as you do to do so.

If you want somewhere where you can make your case without anyone else's input then do as 6th suggested and take it to Helpdesk.

Its not my fault if you don't understand how the Feedback forum works.

My feedback is that in my opinion your banning was well deserved because in my opinion you were spouting Conspiracy Theories in the Green Issues forum, and being abusive towards other posters.

You're free to disagree, and I'm not interested in arguing the point here - thats not what the forum is for....but I'll thank you to stop telling me my business, just as I thanked you in another thread to stop telling me what to do there as well.

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    If the things you post about are not conspiracy theories, why do you post about them in Conspiracy Theories?

Ban won't be lifted.

All im asking for is evidence I posted a conspiracy theory in GI. I replied to your pm informing me of the ban and I asked for this, you told me to 'get lost'.

Im still seeking this evidence.

Wrongly banned in my opinoin and your behaviour/language is unacceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Meh you seem like an ass*. I would have banned you.

*You may not actually be an ass. Can you get banned from the feedback forum?

Meh you seem like an ass*. I would have banned you.

*You may not actually be an ass. Can you get banned from the feedback forum?

Well you should be for such worthless comments.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

All im asking for is evidence I posted a conspiracy theory in GI. I replied to your pm informing me of the ban and I asked for this, you told me to 'get lost'.

Im still seeking this evidence.
    It's funny how important evidence is when it suits you.

Oh, and the irony of you talking about other people's "worthless comments" is delicious.

zippy, walk away and take it up in Helpdesk. Trust me.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    It's funny how important evidence is when it suits you.

Oh, and the irony of you talking about other people's "worthless comments" is delicious.

Oscar,

Im a man of principles. Show me I done wrong, and it'll be the last you hear from me on the matter.

Regards
    Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

zippy, walk away and take it up in Helpdesk. Trust me.
    Given that oscarbravo has already stated that the ban is sticking, I don't see what good that would do tbh.

Part of his issues seems to be with how he was treated. While I would only presume that oscarbravo's behavior was fine its not up to me to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Dont comment on something you are not informed about.

Actually I had read your post, and a few others you've posted recently, and I said to myself, He's gonna get an infraction for that, hey presto. banned.
    All I'm sayin is that you were gettin a bit ratty. I don't care how you feel about it. It's your problem. Ciao:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

All im asking for is evidence I posted a conspiracy theory in GI.

Zippy, you have started three threads in green issues all dealing with the conspiracy theory crap. I'm going to be honest and say that even taking it to the help desk, I can't see your ban being lifted until you can learn that green issues isn't the place for conspiracy theories, if at all.

The fact of the matter is you are ruining discussion on the green issues forum because you are posting your conspiracy theories there, where they do not belong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement