Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Green Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I think the issue here is that zippy doesn't believe that these are conspiracy theories for the simple reason that he appears to be convinced. You need a certain amount of scepticism to recognise a conspiracy theory as one. Hence the strong, strong attachment to the words "fact" and "proven".

However, that's irrelevant. The thread in question isn't a Green Issues thread either, it's just dressed up as one. The way the discussion went afterwards proved that. I don't necessarily agree with everything that gets said in GI, but I have to say that if you get an attitude back from posters there - as in every forum - it's cos you went in there with an attitude. Playing innocent after the fact is just disingenuous. If the ban is for off-topic posting, I'd strongly support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi casey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭zippy 99

Calina wrote: »
    I think the issue here is that zippy doesn't believe that these are conspiracy theories for the simple reason that he appears to be convinced. You need a certain amount of scepticism to recognise a conspiracy theory as one. Hence the strong, strong attachment to the words "fact" and "proven".

However, that's irrelevant. The thread in question isn't a Green Issues thread either, it's just dressed up as one. The way the discussion went afterwards proved that. I don't necessarily agree with everything that gets said in GI, but I have to say that if you get an attitude back from posters there - as in every forum - it's cos you went in there with an attitude. Playing innocent after the fact is just disingenuous. If the ban is for off-topic posting, I'd strongly support it.

Show me the conspiracy in the thread I posted on GI. All fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

QED.

but it wasn't a green issue so what it was is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Starting a thread titled 'Scientists Debunk man-made global warming' , in GI? What did you expect?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055223133

Edit: also weather modification?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055226521

• Advertisement

Calina wrote: »
    QED.

but it wasn't a green issue so what it was is irrelevant.

If modifying the weather isn't an environmental/green issue im baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

zippy 99 wrote: »
    If modifying the weather isn't an environmental/green issue im baffled.
    You never answered this:
    oscarBravo wrote: »
    If the things you post about are not conspiracy theories, why do you post about them in Conspiracy Theories?

djpbarry wrote: »
    You never answered this:

Go read through the thread, I'm not repeating myself.

Back at you old tricks I see.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The fact that you post these thread on conspiracy theories as well is evidence that you are posting conspiracy theories on green issues.

Uh, this guys been here longer than you and hes a scientist. I'm not sure you're entitled to comment on his 'old tricks' whatever they may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

And they said it couldnt be done - cc (casey clone) ;)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Now I'm strongly tempted to lift the ban. Green Issues really could do with some of this wonderful ad-hominem stuff.

Not.

Ok question has been asked and answered, is it cat time? Too soon?

Uh, this guys been here longer than you and hes a scientist. I'm not sure you're entitled to comment on his 'old tricks' whatever they may be.

Yet again commenting on something your not informed about and is also none of your business.

Oh hes a scientist? Whats your point

Im a doctor, I dont ask for praise

Now I'm strongly tempted to lift the ban. Green Issues really could do with some of this wonderful ad-hominem stuff.

Not.

You still havent shown me where I added conspiracy theory to green issues.

Hence, why have I been banned?

You haven't answered my question.

You haven't answered my question.

Read post no.8 my friend.

It seems we have a fundamental difference of opinion on what constitutes a fact.

Unfortunately, my definition includes the fact that you're banned from the forum, and that you're going to have to deal with it.

This conversation is over as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

this is some great shiit.

FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

[IMG][/img]wuts-dat-itz-caturday-ok-i-not-rly-.jpg

• Advertisement

It seems we have a fundamental difference of opinion on what constitutes a fact.

Unfortunately, my definition includes the fact that you're banned from the forum, and that you're going to have to deal with it.

This conversation is over as far as I'm concerned.

That the Chinese are considering using weather modification to ensure good condition on the opening & closing of the Beijing Olympic games intrigued me.

Think of the possibilities of such technology.

Im still not happy with you behaviour/language.

Totally unappropriate for a mod. I think you owe me an apology.

That the Chinese are considering using weather modification to ensure good condition on the opening & closing of the Beijing Olympic games intrigued me.

Think of the possibilities of such technology.

Im still not happy with you behaviour/language.

Totally unappropriate for a mod. I think you owe me an apology.

He would also like some cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yet again commenting on something your not informed about and is also none of your business.
    Zippy, try to get one fundamental FACT into your head ... if you start a thread in Feedback, you automatically make it EVERY Boardsie's business who happens to pop their head round the door.

If you do not want the general populace of Boards telling you what they think, take it to the Helpdesk which has restrictions on who can reply to you ... in fairness, 6th has already tried to tell you that several times.

And excuse my nosiness, but a doctor of what?
    Totally unappropriate for a mod.
    Where are the grammar nazis when you need them?

(Oh, and togster ... you only need the img*]tags once, you keep doubling them ...)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I'm not sure you're entitled to comment on his 'old tricks' whatever they may be.
    Ok, ok, ok. I sell drugs to kids. Happy now?!? :o
    Somebody give this guy a mic and put him on a stage.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Didnt I ban this guy as Casey212 or something?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

My girlfriend once used the word "unappropriate" - I was quite perturbed I must say.

This guy is a re-reg by the way, right? I mean, talking about "old tricks etc." after only joining this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Gosh, we have a lot of Doctors on boards. Higher, perhaps than the general populace.

They must be giving out PhDs in lucky bags these days.

This guy has a PhD, too. ;)

Unless, of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

DeVore wrote: »
    Didnt I ban this guy as Casey212 or something?

DeV.
    No, different guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

good reading... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

funny-pictures-mc-hammer-cat.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement