Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

license renewal

Options
  • 29-01-2008 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I need to renew my provisional license/learners permit.
    I have the thing filled out, photos got, etc.
    Can i post it out to the motor tax office or do i need to go there in person??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Id take the day off work and go down - least its sorted

Hate waiting on those things in the post and if you get caught by siochana <SNIP> you would have to have it on you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

There used to be a company called Q4U I think thats what they were called,for a few euro they would drop it in for you and you could collect it from them.I am not sure if they are still around they used to have a few different offices around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I need to renew my provisional license/learners permit.
    I have the thing filled out, photos got, etc.
    Can i post it out to the motor tax office or do i need to go there in person??

drop it in, there's other tax offices other than dublin city centre, i'd avoid that like the plague :eek: I use the one in Clondalkin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

You can post it - and assuming you have everything correct the turnaround shouldn't be too long - even if you call in you won't get the licence there and then (usually). So if you are sure you have everything and there won't be any problems you are probably as well off posting it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Go there in person unless you absolutely can't make it there. Motor tax offices close at 3:30 though.

I've had a 1st prov,2nd prov and full license and the only one I posted in took almost 3 weeks. Had 1st prov and full license within 3 days of going there in person.

Advertisement