Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who uses the new gym/pool in Port?

Options
  • 29-01-2008 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

I'm just trying to find out who uses the new gym and pool in Port? I have a gym membership for Dublin but am trying to get himself fit so would be interested in getting a double membership for the place.

But I just wondered about things like busy periods or waiting times to get on the machines etc. Is it a busy place? Do you often go and either end up waiting around or just skipping machinery because it's busy? Do you like the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I haven't gone yet but if you're going I might drop down........I like the sound of your username

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

LOL Roaster you're such a cutie!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

hey curvy vixen, the gym is grand yeh. the pool is usally packed until 8pm weeknights. kids free swim time is mental so DONT go. i learned from experience! The gym is great value for the year but also paying as you go works out better if you use the gym twice a week or less.

:D

Thanks Ruby ~ I was beginning to think that I would actually be the only one there with the lack of replies ;)

I go 5 times a week at the moment and the idea of kids free swim would equate with my idea of hell so I'd be happy to stick to the gym bit!

A years membership is literally half the price of my Dublin one so I might go and suss it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Thanks Ruby ~ I was beginning to think that I would actually be the only one there with the lack of replies ;)

I go 5 times a week at the moment and the idea of kids free swim would equate with my idea of hell so I'd be happy to stick to the gym bit!

A years membership is literally half the price of my Dublin one so I might go and suss it out...

i use the gym regularly...only had a problem once with it being busy but i think that was the novelty factor just after it opened. seems to have quietened down a bit...depends what time u go tho. i try go when i think it's gonna be quiet. might be an idea to pay as you go for a week and see how busy it is at times u'll be going. the car park is usually full but 90% of that's families in the pool. there's adult only swin after 8pm i think :D check out the timetables

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I started using it last week and I have to say I'm very impressed. The assistance given by staff too is top class!

Thanks all ~ think I'll go investigate in a couple of weeks time. Good idea to pay as you go for a couple of weeks chuckprophet...

Advertisement