Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't get jeans to fit properly - help!

• 29-01-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Can anyone please help me with this?! I love jeans but just cannot get a pair that sit properly on me. If I don't wear a belt they slip down and go baggy around the bum but if I do wear one it causes muffin top. Or I can get a pair that stays right about the bum but causes muffin top even without a belt. I lost weight recently and beforehand always thought it was because I carried weight around my stomach. Now though I am a size 12 and pretty evenly proportioned. I won't claim that my tummy is perfectly toned but it isn't fat by any means (and believe me, it is not as if it is happening because I have tiny arse either!!) and it is just driving me crazy. I have tried so many different pairs and styles, including high waisted which I thought might be a good solution, but no matter what they just go baggy around the bum or cause muffin top. I can hide the muffin to with a loose top but hate being restricted to that style. I have spent six years trying to lose weight and to be honest it just p*sses me off that I still can't get stuff to fit the way I would like. I know that sounds like I am just being childish and sulking but I love clothes and have felt so crap about how I look for so long that it is great to actually enjoy getting dressed now! I know it is always said you should go shopping and try loads of jeans on til you find just the right fit but the difficulty is they look fine when I try them on - it is when I have worn them for 10/20 minutes that they start to look crap. Sorry for rambling on but I would really love if anyone could help me out with this. Thanks!
    Another thing! When I wear a belt - and even on some jeans without a belt - I get camel hoof too! God I must sound like a right one. Maybe I am just a peculiar shape :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

You're not weird- for starters just look around you. The amount of girls who are wearing the wrong fit is in the majority! Just be thankful that you've noticed!
    I'd advise that you go for a more expensive, better quality pair of jeans. The jeans on the highstreet aren't great - especially if you're bigger than a size 8. The quality is poor and looses it shape quickly and becomes baggy. If you go into Brown Thomas (or probably BT2 in Dublin) they have a huge selection with loads of different rises. You could probably say it to the staff too and they could advise a pair.
    You don't have to go for a really overpriced pair - Tommy Hilfigger are really good and not that expensive. The best on the highstreet are probably FCUK.
    Hope that helps because I'm not really sure what sort of rise you need as I've the opposite problem - mine tend to be baggy around the stomach, waist area and then tight on the hips!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Don't worry, no-one can!

It's trial and error. I hear Seven For All Mankind are really good, and fit most people.

I'm constantly buying jeans and they never fit properly, unless they're a baggy style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

I'm a Size 10 -12 and I find that A-wear do really good jeans in different styles. I have bought several pairs in there in the last couple of months, high waisted, boot cut, flared leg and they are all grand. I don't think they sell the dreaded skinny jeans in A-wear, thank god! I hate skinny jeans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cupcake

True Religion jeans are amazing. I bought a few pairs when I was in NY last year. Not sure where can buy them here.
    http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com/store/productslist.aspx?categoryid=1101&Page=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Really? I know it sounds odd but i feel fatter in my True Religions that in my other jeans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I am a jeans addict and suffer the same same problem - would you consider your bum to be small & flat?

If so, you should avoid low rise jeans and go for jeans that are slightly higer at the back (now I'm not talking about high waisted jeans here).

From the jeans I have I find the following are the best:

Oasis:- Scarlet, I have the Amber Jeans too and these are terrible for getting baggy around the bum!
    Seven for all mankind:- Not sure of the name, I have 2 pairs and the one with a sligher higher back are the best. It's recommended to buy a size down from your normal size
    James Jeans - from Brown Thomas

Good Luck in your Search!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ggirl

Thanks a million for all your suggestions! I like the look of the True Religion jeans. I just don't have the budget for expensive jeans so maybe Oasis are the ones for me. Although given the rate I go through relatively cheap ones trying to find a good fit I suppose I'd be better off with just one pair of perfect ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

My wife swears by "Old Navy" jeans. You can not get them everywhere in Ireland though... Arnotts has an Old Navy section i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cupcake

Saruman wrote: »
    My wife swears by "Old Navy" jeans. You can not get them everywhere in Ireland though... Arnotts has an Old Navy section i believe.

I hate Old Navy jeans. The jeans are always weird ugly shades . Theyre not good quality either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hey that sort of implies my wife is a weird ugly shape :D

Thats probably true if they are some of the only jeans that fit her perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

I have trouble getting jeans to fit as for one im short 5'2" and also as my waist is smaller than my hips. This means I either end up with jeans that fit my hips and gape at my waist or fit my waist and are too tight on my hips. The only ones I found that fit me are oasis jeans. Diesel are also v good as they do all shapes and sizes. The only skinny jeans I could get to fit are from H & M as they do every inch size e.g. they do waist in 26 inch, 27inch, 28inch etc

Advertisement