Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

I wouldn't bank too much on that band of light-moderate precipitation....it will only give some wet snow/sleet/rain and accumulations will be restricted to higher ground (hopefully I'm wrong)...anyway, after that front colder air will be introduced and tomorrow that will feed snowy showers on to ireland:D....then friday night....i dunno;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Wht the hell???!!! Malin Head 7 degrees recent snow:eek: :D:D Must have low dew points to see it snow with 6-7 degrees!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    What temp are you at nacho? I have 2.2c here now, I am just wondering if that band of rain to the north will stretch enough westwards to reach the cold air down here. It is the only hope I can see for toinght.

it's 1 degree here. with the strong wind blowing it's the coldest i've felt for a long time.
    the lady on the 6:55 weather on RTE1 mentioned prolonged snow showers over the north of Connacht and Ulster tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

That precip up north has gone from mostly greens to mostly blues, doubt much will make it down past Dundalk.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Looks to be some decent precipitation shoving into Mayo now. Anyone up there to let us know what's happening while it's falling? That stuff up North looks harmless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

There really is going to be a pack of showers crossing the country overnight largely unforecast, western areas good see a nice fall overnight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

squonk wrote: »
    Looks to be some decent precipitation shoving into Mayo now. Anyone up there to let us know what's happening while it's falling? That stuff up North looks harmless.

In Sligo it's raining now, not even sleet anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

There looks to be lots of precipitation on the sat to the northwest that hasnt shown on the radar yet
    www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb&sat=ir

Any reports from Donegal? Real smack of tasty showers moving in!

peasant wrote: »

why are you not shaking your fists at the sky?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Two reasons for that I think

A small mild sector is passing through and you are probrably near the coast. The showers will turn back to snow later tonight where you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

1.3c here and wind is howling outside. I'd be happier if we are below 1c when the precip arrives...

A

Right so.. thanks ;)

sleet here too now- just in the last five minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

CM21 wrote: »

Looking at that sequence it seems that the very fast (thin) westerly current is undercutting the slower northerly cloud mass right about where Sligo/Mayo is.

From what I'm looking at outside it certainly seems like that. Winds are still very much westerly and certainly fast

arctictree wrote: »
    1.3c here and wind is howling outside. I'd be happier if we are below 1c when the precip arrives...

A
    I've got 2.5 and a dp of -1.1c and a pparently a windchill of -4c at times

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

In Letterkenny, it's very gusty and plenty of rain. Has been spurts of hail, but at this moment, it's just blowing rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

NW precipitype shows rain over parts of donegal and sligo but snow to the east but boards won't let me upload a screen capture of it for some reason
    Had heavy sleet/snow showers in afternoon here but obviously nothing stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Bloody rain and wind. :mad:

I saw two gritters parked along the N15 outside Lifford tonight both with the snow plough on. :D

They will need the ploughs. By midnight the milder air will have past and the snow will be driving in. You will be praying for rain by the end of the night I tells ya!!!!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn122.png

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    Bloody rain and wind. :mad:

I saw two gritters parked along the N15 outside Lifford tonight both with the snow plough on. :D

lol they must feel like complete muppets sitting out there atm but they will be needed later.

Showers moving across the country.

Widespread showers soon maybe prolonged across most of the country, i wonder will anywhere see sleet/snow from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

darkman2 wrote: »
    They will need the ploughs. By midnight the milder air will have past and the snow will be driving in. You will be praying for rain by the end of the night I tells ya!!!!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn122.png
    Nah, I'll be praying for more snow. Call it greed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Heavy wet snow shower in Dundalk now, swirling in the wind...ground too wet to lie, but cold enough to gather on cars and grass. Then that melted. More on the radar and seems to be building...

Wertz wrote: »
    Heavy wet snow shower in Dundalk now, swirling in the wind...ground too wet to lie, but cold enough to gather on cars and grass. Then that melted. More on the radar and seems to be building...

Ive a suspicion that the rain is turning to snow as the front crosses the country. Thanks for that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ppn really pepping up again across the north midlands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

does any1 know if there is going to be snow in limerick tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

I've got 2.5 and a dp of -1.1c and apparently a windchill of -4c at times

Up here in the tropics it's been steady at 3.6C for a good while with the dewpoint moving between -2.5C and -2C. That front seems to be holding strong actually and looks and the percip looks a bit heavier on the 20:00 radar.
    EDIT: once i post the temp decides to fall:rolleyes: down to 3.4C dp up to -1.7C

The temperature is actually rising at Airport as I suspected it would. Up from 2 to 3C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lordie, its too much to bare!
    DP here is -2.8°C ..it will be sneachta..if it arrives.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement