Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

sleeting here now bordering on wet snow because theres a few flakes swirling about in it.
    Dewpoint has risen to zero
    Temp is up to 3.1c

You on the wexford town side of gorey or the wicklow side? Clear skies down here in wexford town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Very heavy sleet here in Limerick. Ground is very wet now. And the temp feels like it has gone up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

baraca wrote: »
    Any chance of a bit of snow in wexford at all?

Dont think so - even tomorrow id be doubtful for that far Southeast.

baraca wrote: »
    You on the wexford town side of gorey or the wicklow side? Clear skies down here in wexford town.
    near coolgreaney :)

Fully wet snow now blowing in the wind and the flakes are settling on the car bonnet.
    I can see clear skies to the east.
    The wind is howling.
    dp is exactly 0c and the temp is dropping 2.9c now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

temp 3.6C dp 0.8C. I'm sick of hearing the rain lash the windows, I'm going to bed. Hopefully I'll wake up to a surprise but I'm doubtful:rolleyes:
    Although my alarm is set for 3:30 just in case:p

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

If one was to stay up in the hope of something, how late should one stay up? Memories of the last three winters setting alarms to look out at a wet road :rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

was snowing in cork earlier for about 15~20 mins

not very heavy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

i dnt get it, snowing in cork, and sleet in limerick, wats up wit dat

• Advertisement

Felixdhc wrote: »
    If one was to stay up in the hope of something, how late should one stay up? Memories of the last three winters setting alarms to look out at a wet road :rolleyes: :(

I'll be setting alarms to look at satellite not expect snow, no snow until 6am tomorrow morning at the earliest if something were to happen up in that area im focusing on.

Probably going to sleep 1230-300 wake up and check sat...

I'll be setting alarms to look at satellite not expect snow, no snow until 6am tomorrow morning at the earliest if something were to happen up in that area im focusing on.

Probably going to sleep 1230-300 wake up and check sat...

Cheers WC, I'll give it till 1am so and see where we are at. Enjoying my few beers too :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Shower activity inland is dieing out now along the trough. Still alot of cloud though and that means temps wont drop too low tonight. That means higher temps tomorrow:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

how odd that it's snowing in Wexford and Cork yet still raining here:confused:

i'm still confident that there will be snow here before 2 am. if not then tomorrow morning!

As Supertramp once said 'Its Raining Again'

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

the leading edge of that plunge seem to have arrived here........1.2c....... wet schleet.....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Felixdhc wrote: »
    As Supertramp once said 'Its Raining Again'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW8bA7WEYLU :p

Definately some lower level structure to that comman with some convection obscuring our view of it.

Sleet here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Definately some lower level structure to that comman with some convection obscuring our view of it.

Sleet here now.
    if you don't mind me asking, what is a comman?

lol, love the addition of the sound of rain with the song :D Some rain that was, I was down in Carlow shortly after (think it was that time anyway!)

• Advertisement

if you don't mind me asking, what is a comman?

Think he meant 'comma', its the secret word for a l.....o...........w.......i believe? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

rain/hail in sligo

Water vapour imagery does show dry air being sucked into the comma, indicating a definate feature.

Jaysus, gone fierce quiet in here! :confused: No one getting any snow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Think things have died down for the moment as most are getting rain. Everyone has gone to bed as well I think seeing as it's a school night! Working from home at present so I'm in no hurry and I'll porbably put in another hour or so anyway.

squonk wrote: »
    Everyone has gone to bed as well I think seeing as it's a school night!

Yeah, guess I had better be calling it a night too (damn college!)

3.2c here now and a DP of 1.2c, the temp has risen, perhaps that mild muck infront of the cold front has finally reached me, defo wont be getting anything snowy though with temps like that! Wind still from a WNW'ly direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

*sighs* Stupid amount of hail here on and off all afternoon/evening/night, with some serious gusts of wind. I think my half-full wheelie bin took off across the yard earlier. Was well over an inch of hail lying on the ground about 2 hours ago, but after sitting for about 30 minutes it melted pretty quick.

There was me thinking moving up from east Waterford to Sligo would get me snow.... :(

*crosses fingers in hope for the morrow*

Ah feck this for a game of soldiers...off to my leaba, not being sucked into an all-nighter for nowt again! Not even setting my alarm this time!!!

Good luck to all those in the 'favourable areas' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Arctic air my bollix. Was in Galway City all evening where showers were of rain. Took a detour home via Tuam, Claremorris then back to North Galway. Sleet in Tuam. Rain and Hail in Claremorris, And rain here. Temp in the car never fell below 3c, even in Claremorris. It was 4c in Tuam and Galway. Temp here now as I got in is 3.1c. Pressure is 999.1 mb rising slowly. The air feels cold, but is that another rain shower I hear outside?

What an anti-climax. :(

Edit, temp now 3.2c, so in other words, its rising.
    My message to winter 07/08 Langue28.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Temp 2.1c Dry since approx 5pm.

Advertisement