Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

KNOCK AIRPORT W 15 RECENT SNOW 3 84 Trace

*does the happy dance* Snow in Knock an hour ago - come on! Momma needs some snow baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

huge hailstones at the moment. the snow is really testing my patience!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

yeah big hail just started here now, and as I write, it is stopping again, wait, its back on again. This really is shcutter.

Edit, just seen a distant flash of lightning. If I can't get snow, I'll take the thunder, hope it comes this way (it's to the west).

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

....no wind no snow not even a frost anymore.....and just think back what this was hyped up to be 24 hhs ago......lets be honest a bit of a squib was'nt it ......nite.....2.3c light rain

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    yeah big hail just started here now, and as I write, it is stopping again, wait, its back on again. This really is shcutter.

Edit, just seen a distant flash of lightning. If I can't get snow, I'll take the thunder, hope it comes this way (it's to the west).

Ah, then I may not have been hallucinating earlier. Started the car and saw a blue flash out of the corner of my eye - thought I was loosing the plot, but perhaps it was lightning.

• Advertisement

kerry1960 wrote: »
    ....no wind no snow not even a frost anymore.....and just think back what this was hyped up to be 24 hhs ago......lets be honest a bit of a squib was'nt it ......nite.....2.3c light rain

**looks skywards and shakes fist furiously** :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭repr

kerry1960 wrote: »

Ha, just back from pub I am up for all nighter don't know how u can say that the arctic air hasnt even arrived yet and you writing it off already.

Trust me a few suprises will happen with that unstable air above us.

Hail's back in Sligo.

*edit* No, wait, it's gone, never mind.

**looks skywards and shakes fist furiously** :mad:
    tried dat but slipped on the remains of de snoman created earlier:(:(

fozzle wrote: »
    Hail's back in Sligo.

*edit* No, wait, it's gone, never mind.

Same ****e here. :rolleyes:

In fact, it's quite a joke at this stage. The cold air will probably arrive when the showers die away. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Few flakes of wet snow starting to fall here - any milder would be drizzle. Currently 2.4c.

Danno wrote: »
    Few flakes of wet snow starting to fall here - any milder would be drizzle. Currently 2.4c.

Good sign Danno, tells us the cold air tuckin in again after the mild blip.

repr wrote: »

Lots of showers packing into the west of Ireland all night, bringing, at best, the odd hail downpour. Hopefully they will be more lucky in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ah we'll surely get one of them down here! :rolleyes: looks promising though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Hope something materialises for us overnight. Was just listening to the guy from the BBC weather center on Janice Long on BBC R2 just now and he reckons that Scotland and eastern parts of the UK are going to get a pelting while NI will get some showers on the north and east coasts so not sounding overly promising tomorrow overall for us.

Ha, just back from pub I am up for all nighter don't know how u can say that the arctic air hasnt even arrived yet and you writing it off already.

Trust me a few suprises will happen with that unstable air above us.
    yea mate was just thinkin of movin de livestock and family down to a lower level .......1.4c and the sheep are sweating .......only slaggin..... nite mate.........

sleet again. still far too mild

Something really interesting brewing on NW Ireland movin South - Latest radar pickin it up now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Something really interesting brewing on NW Ireland movin South - Latest radar pickin it up now ;)

Yeh theres plenty of precipitation out there. Once the cold air really digs in anywhere will have a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Hail just turned to snow here in blessington and the place is white:D

CM21 wrote: »
    Hail just turned to snow here in blessington and the place is white:D

Yeo- Happy days - pleased for ya :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Will be hit and miss for the rest of the night. Air is quite mixed across the country. Pockets of cold air here, pockets of mild air there... It will be 3am - 7am before the cold air gets well established. Starting with 3am in the NW, to 7am in the S. Showers a plenty are building off the NW coast and will funnel across most parts of Ireland later. Falling more and more as snow as time goes on. A polar low is a 50/50 chance, if it does come off, then some substantial snow will fall - akin to 25.12.2005

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, it's snowing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

very mild nth of virginia not a cloud in sight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

pissing down with rain .here

anyone know is it gone ,is it still coming ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

As of 0530, I rather like your chances in most of Ireland today, if you run the satellite animation on the metoffice site, for example (the wider shot) you'll see how the denser cloud moving down from the NW towards Ireland is massing together, if not in a true polar low, at least in a fairly aggressive looking streamer that should cover a large segment of the country. And sure there will be some rain here and there or sleet, but snow should be the dominant type, lots of thunder and lightning likely too because this air stream is charged differently from the ground at present time. There is no organized way to talk about snowfall amounts, it's going to range from 2 to 10 cms or 1 to 4 inches if you prefer, over the whole country with the usual southwest and southeast coastal exceptions. Since I imagine Dublin is the big question, closer to 2 than 10 cms there, but near 10 over hills nearby. If I had to pick a place that would get a lot of snow, inland from Galway, don't have a map handy, over towards Longford.

wow cant wait lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Snowing in Mitchelstown and Cashel according to Today FM...

Meanwhile, here in SE Waterford, the earlier frost has MELTED on my car. A few drops of miserably cold rain is all there is at the moment. Off up to KK in an hour's time for work, so fingers crossed... might be far enough inland. I suspect from what people are saying though that Waterford will remain snowless... again!!! :mad:

Advertisement