Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Not a thing here!! :mad::( According to the guy on the radio its snowing in West Meath, any confirmation on that?

1.8c here and DP of 0.6c........I'd prefer a lower DP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Things look very bad for the east today, almost worst possible situation, cold air with troughs flowing to our west but LP to our east too close but the occlusion missing us........

Nonetheless the cold air is beginning to spill in and it will be atmoshpherically cold enough for snow over all of Ireland today,,.......... just need some precip:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I've been reading this thread with great interest.

Its snowing in Athenry and sticking everything is white about 1-2cm at the moment. I've just driven to work in Galway and the backroads are white (I was the first person on some of them) and the main roads are okish (no gritting). Only a very light dusting in Galway City and the sky is currently clear with more cloads coming from a NW direction. Its not that cold I would think above 0 maybe 2-3c. Ohh yeah loads of rain last night as well.

Whats it like in the East (originally from Bray)

I reckon the west/northwest will get a pasting from around 10am... deep convection approaching.

• Advertisement

Anyone free this evening and we'll go looking for Darkman2? Carry out a good ol' fashioned 'tar and feathering', ah....just like the good old day :p;)

You're on the list too WC!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

snowing since bout 6.30 here in limerick, coming down heavy aswell, is there more snow to come

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chilipepper

hi it's snowing heavy here in clare at the moment and sticking too

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ryanoneill2006

Just heard the forecast on Radio 1. Mentioned accumalations and drifting in the North and West. I think all hope is gone for those of us in The East! PLEASE PLEASE tell me otherwise!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Started snowing in Monasterevin about 20 minutes ago. Snow is sticking, everthing is white

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

the flow of precipitation is not favourable for Dublin AT ALL:mad: BUT you never know, will call it a day tonight!;) The showers seem to be hammering all areas except the east coast:(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just heard the forecast on Radio 1. Mentioned accumalations and drifting in the North and West. I think all hope is gone for those of us in The East! PLEASE PLEASE tell me otherwise!! lol

As WC says, the conditions or requirements for snow will get better and better as the day goes on - we just need one really important ingredient - precipitation!

I now (half) expect to have a really nice sunny day here with big fluffy clouds visible over the Irish Sea pasting north Wales with snow! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Snowing here light-to-moderate big flakes. Its an effort I suppose. 1.8c Some sticking to grass. Cloudy all round.

My temp is 2.1c and a DP of almost 1c.....thats not good for anything snowy, right? :mad::(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

My temp is 2.1c and a DP of almost 1c.....thats not good for anything snowy, right? :mad::(

Not fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp <<< eh, this is errr... new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

Very little snow here. Snow line seems to be about 350M, looks like a good covering above that. +0.9c here ATM.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Not fantastic!

Nope, hence the sleet that is not falling :(

Danno wrote: »

Emm....how exactly would one go about reading such a chart? I liked the dots better :p

Yeah the dewpoints are still ridiculously high.
    Mine is 0c.
    This air is still heavily modified.
    Artic blast me aunt sally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Nothing but the freezing cold here in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

No sign of anything up here this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Saw more snow on a packet of fish fingers i took out of the freezer last night than what will be in Dublin today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

woke up to a dusting of snow at 7. now it's currently raining. i bet it'll freeze like hell of course tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Danno wrote: »

Been there donkey years ;) (before the new website)

Snowline from the 1mm overnight is above 200m, I'd say nearer 250m. Need binoculars to actually see it.

Currently 3C, negative DP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

small bit of snow now in Blanchardstown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Tiny bit of snow here, 1000ft asm, I'm on the snow line, 100ft below & its already melted. Seems way too warm for snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

same in Sligo

ever so slight dusting of white above ca 400 m ...nothing below.
    still fairly warm, certainly no frost or ice

Yeah the dewpoints are still ridiculously high.
    Mine is 0c.
    This air is still heavily modified.
    Artic blast me aunt sally.
    Temp rising nicely.
    this time yesterday it was falling.
    I suppose if you follow the wind flow back far enough,you do eventually end up at the equator...
    Maybe thats whats happening :rolleyes:

Currently 2.2c
    dp 0c

marginal for snow

• Advertisement

The snap has been modified and shortened to near nothing.

Lets make the most of our 18 hour cold snap eh:rolleyes:

days ago we were talking 2 1/2 days of 850hpas down t0 -10c

Now were talking 18 hours of 850hpas down to -8c...

Just our luck

Advertisement