Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Snow's coming down in Sligo again, though it's still not sticking. The mountain is starting to look decidedly enticing though, tempted to venture up there.

Is anyone out around Boyle? If the snow is lying out in the forest park I might venture out there, I think driving up the mountain is probably a silly idea.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive already had my share of snow this winter so I dont really mind that this 'cold snap' has been a 100% non-event here in the east with very little chance of seeing any snow fall today let alone snow lying. We havent even goten a frost from it:) Temps have been nowhere nearly as cold as the forecasters were making them out to be. Currently 2C here, should get up to 4 or 5C later on today in sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Really heavy snowfall in South Mayo just now.

It's looking like it could be snowman time later on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

So are we definitely out of the picture for Snow on the East coast today? Looking at the radar, the dearth of showers here seems to be coming from a gap between the showers and last night's mid. Could we see something later in the afternoon? I'd say by tonight we can hang our hat on it because the showers will probably die out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Im edging on snowman zone, another hour or so of this and I'll go get the kids.

• Advertisement

Bah, hail stuck and has turned to large wet snowflakes, which aren't sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Any chance this recent batch of showers moving from Donegal towards Cavan will reach the Dublin area?
    http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx?soort=loop3uur&zoom=6&lat=53.605544099238&lon=-7.84423828125

Although doesn't look as promising on the met.ie radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

At least there is abit of a circulation to the NW to keep some interest..

http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb&sat=ir

the west could do well today from 10/11am when dewpoints eventually get down near -2c.

doing very well but the ground is too wet. it's been snowing heavily for the last two hours. It has started to ease off now, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

All we got last night was sleet in Limerick. And nothing this morning. I am so sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like a bunch of showers going to move down the centre of the country.. Could we a nice bit of snow in the Midlands.

No expect none for the east today, just a clear sunny day ;)

We are in the incredibly unfortunate postion of being to close to the low to our east for showers but to far west to get some precip from it! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

There were some snow showers in Carlow this morning...I'#m down 100 euro! Gah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Damomanye wrote: »
    just had a snow shower here in Limerick City. Snowed for about 20 mins but none stayed. Wet ground

Where was that? I have got nothing in Castletroy this morning. Lucky you

dedon wrote: »
    All we got last night was sleet in Limerick. And nothing this morning. I am so sad :(

Abbeyfeale

ch750536 wrote: »

thanks for the photos. how high up are you there?

thanks for the photos. how high up are you there?

c. 1000ft

Starting to stick very sowly in a thin, pretty wet layer here in Slgio. Unless the temperature drops (highly unlikely with so much cloud cover I think?) I doub't there'll be any snowmen here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Heavy snow in Sligo town. Looks like its not going to stick though as ground wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 minxmad

there were about three snow showers in newporttipp this morning, Kids out playing in it at 8.30am!! so as soon as I heard them playing i just knew we had snow. Looks like its melting now as I can see blue skies does anyone know if there are more snowfalls coming later?
    My parents from leitrim got some heavy snow about half hour ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

So should we expect snow again tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm almost afraid to ask but is there any chance of snow in Donegal today?

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    I'm almost afraid to ask but is there any chance of snow in Donegal today?

I'm suprised it's not snowing there atm, it's pretty heavy in SLigo, though it's not sticking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

dedon wrote: »
    Where was that? I have got nothing in Castletroy this morning. Lucky you

We had a lot of snow out in Murroe Limerick and Newport North Tipp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Could be a few showers in the East later on. Probrably wont amount to much. As for snow later on tonight, I wouldnt expect too much tbh although showers should continue in the North and West were accumulations are likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

fozzle wrote: »
    I'm suprised it's not snowing there atm, it's pretty heavy in SLigo, though it's not sticking.
    I'm at work in Leterkenny and the sun is shining.

smashey wrote: »
    I'm at work in Leterkenny and the sun is shining.
    Aw, poor Smashy. hope you get a nice fall later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

This is whats happening in Curry, Co. Sligo right now. The ox mountains are in the background (but obscured by cloud) Glad Im not working today, just sittin by the fire looking out at this:D
    snow1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 minxmad

what does "wintry showers"? that is on the web site for Met ireland, I am debating with my mate if that means snow showers or just cold rain???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

minxmad wrote: »
    what does "wintry showers"? that is on the web site for Met ireland, I am debating with my mate if that means snow showers or just cold rain???:confused:

wintry showers means showers of hail sleet cold rain and snow:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

snowing here in galway city now, light tho!

• Advertisement

gianormous blobs now!! it's actually starting to stick in places

Advertisement