Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Significant snow Thursday Night/Friday/Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Big showers have been sitting out to my west for the last hour but they won't get any closer and fizzle out:mad:
    Only had one snow flurry at around 9am but the dublin mountains looked pretty white to me this morning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

rc28 wrote: »
    Big showers have been sitting out to my west for the last hour but they won't get any closer and fizzle out:mad:
    Only had one snow flurry at around 9am but the dublin mountains looked pretty white to me this morning.

Same here (had the same snow flurry as well) - was getting my hopes up there a few minutes ago as there is quite threatning cloud out to my west and south and clouds are moving very definitley eastwards.

Possibly I need construct a sentence involving the words straws and clutching???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

showers are packing into the west and midlands and they die out as soon as they appraoch the east. From Derry down to Waterford and eastwards there is nothing and likely to stay that way for rest of today, milder air back by the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

ironic aint it? yesterday in dublin we had higher 850 temps but more exciting weather! Today lower 850 temps but no exciting weather:mad: Well I'm happy for the westerners anyway;)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Feck sake, what does it take to get snow in the Dublin area these days?!!! The last time I felt the crunch of snow under my feet is now almost 7 years! Sure I have seen some fall but it is 2001 since I would consider it a decent covering and had trouble (fun) driving in it :rolleyes::mad::eek::) (mix of emotions)

Edit - And the funny thing is, I will still look at the feckin weather forums and models till March in the hope that it might happen!!! Never learn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

patneve wrote: »
    ironic aint it? yesterday in dublin we had higher 850 temps but more exciting weather! Today lower 850 temps but no exciting weather:mad: Well I'm happy for the westerners anyway;)

You ain't missing much bud, it's snowing but it's not sticking :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I got banned for giving out last night that all the pro's were missing on the most important night of the winter
    Banned me straight away
    I think i join a long list of Irish being banned:D

I got banned for 24hrs aswell for slagging off the UK Met:D

Is yours permanent or temporary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

darkman2 wrote: »

I only browse NW now and again but I've noticed a trend of Irish member's getting warned/banned quite a lot. Maybe it's just me... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

BIRR(P) W 10 RECENT SNOW
    CORK AIRPORT NW 15 RECENT SNOW
    MULLINGAR(P) W 07 Gust 21 RECENT SNOW

The clouds are gathering here. Could be a few flurries later on. The midlands and west definately getting alot of snow showers today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

they cant handle the fact that your right, the UK met screwed thhis up totally all predicting 3 days of bitterly cold weather and almost a 'country shutdown' scenario and all we got in reality is not even a cold snap but just 24 hours of colder than average weather with a few sleety wet snow mucky showers not amounting to much anywhere. At least RTE stayed much more cautious on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Snowing here now with the odd heavy burst. Trying to stick on the grass but it is melting just as quick. Nice to see though. Temp is now 0.9c with a dew point of -1. Pressure 1008 mb and rising.

Edit: just stopped snowing with the sun breaking through. I can actually see what did lie melting as I write.

Gonzo wrote: »
    At least RTE stayed much more cautious on this one.
    You mean MET Éireann not RTE and you are joking right?

Wheres the heavy drifting snow that they forecasted and the significant accumilations? Theres wet snow showers about in blustery winds in the west today alright but theres nothing too significant away from the highest of ground.
    In fact lowland areas are hard set to have even a slushy settling if anything at all despite the showers.

That means their forecasts were (1) deeply inaccurate and (2) changing like the wind.

Edit my forecasts were worse :p

(except for here as I knew we'd get nothing much in a NW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Here in Roscommon it has been snowing steadily all day long. Some very heavy showers. Not much sticking though. Which suits me fine as I have to drive to Galway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Snowing quite heavily in Kinnegad right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Whats happening at my place in Kerry:

snow.jpg

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Whats happening at my place in Kerry:

snow.jpg

:)

You ran over your dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

48HRS for slagging off the their own forecasters:D
    They aint keen on the Irish anyway
    Yer not missing much guys
    It's only snizzling here though it is extremely cold now
    I reckon last chance saloon is between now and 8pm for a trough to move down. Should get colder too after about 4pm

ch750536 wrote: »
    You ran over your dog?
    Yep :( - Enough with the driving today - too dangerious

• Advertisement

i1548038_DSC00355.JPG

Coming down heavier now and the road is now covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

How do you stop getting emails letting you know you have a reply to the thread??
    Extremely annoying

48HRS for slagging off the their own forecasters:D
    They aint keen on the Irish anyway
    Yer not missing much guys
    It's only snizzling here though it is extremely cold now
    I reckon last chance saloon is between now and 8pm for a trough to move down. Should get colder too after about 4pm

We have absolutely nothing here yet although it is clouding over a bit. Should see a flurry or two. Not expecting much. You could get snow showers tonight aswell when it will be very cold with temperatures easily below freezing.

How do you stop getting emails letting you know you have a reply to the thread??
    Extremely annoying
    Top of this thread under the page numbers, click thread tools and unsubscribe. You are automatically re subscribed if you reply again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭squonk

Where are you Ronan|Raven? Pic looks good but we've no idea where in the country you are. Update your profile to include your location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Bit of a sleet/snow shower here now, temp of 4.6c down from 5.5c 10 mins back! :o and DP of 1.4c

Extremely annoying

I dont know. Does not happen to me. Try the feedback section and ask them if nobody knows.

Just to say in case you dont already know. Boards.ie is enormous with loads of different sections. Snoop around;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

should be a link to click on in your email message allowing you to unsubscribe from the thread.

Extremely annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

report lol not a lot to report really,just had a very sleety wintry shower there for about 10 minutes,cloudy here with sun trying to break out at times.
    but we really have not seen any heavey flakes at all,is all this snow talk a old irish mit lol.

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    Where are you Ronan|Raven? Pic looks good but we've no idea where in the country you are. Update your profile to include your location.

As I said already a few posts up, County Roscommon.

Advertisement